Quantcast

♤♤monderp♧♧

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Just had a long conversation with Tesla because their numbers were wonky. They are going to re-model with the same information that I have provided to everybody else that they conveniently didn't look at, at all. It will likely be a custom size because the "medium size" is 24 panels, while "large size" is 10 more. Most are coming back with 27-29 panels and factoring a car, which they did not. We shall see in 2 days.
check with your HOA overlords. If you're placing 27-29 panels with a southern exposure, they'll want to see that somebody studied glare/reflection impact on your neighbors to across the open space.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
check with your HOA overlords. If you're placing 27-29 panels with a southern exposure, they'll want to see that somebody studied glare/reflection impact on your neighbors to across the open space.
In Stapleton rooftop solar is expressly allowed, as it doesn't alter the house's roof profile. Not sure if Highlands Ranch is so enlightened.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
In Stapleton rooftop solar is expressly allowed, as it doesn't alter the house's roof profile. Not sure if Highlands Ranch is so enlightened.
I thought the state took care of this with legislation that basically said, "Your fucking HOA can't prevent you from doing the right thing (installing any sort of renewable energy devices). I'd bet @Nick might know a thing or two?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Zero fucks were given on the last house. HOA has to approve, but they never say no.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I thought the state took care of this with legislation that basically said, "Your fucking HOA can't prevent you from doing the right thing (installing any sort of renewable energy devices). I'd bet @Nick might know a thing or two?
The Aged One is correct!

"Any HOA with a covenant restriction stating that solar panels are prohibited or restricted in any way is unenforceable under Colorado law (C.R.S. 38-30-168)."

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'm not saying they could be prohibited, I'm saying that if you install an array and it reflects like a mirror into your rich neighbor's living room for 2 hours a day, somebody is going to bitch.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm not saying they could be prohibited, I'm saying that if you install an array and it reflects like a mirror into your rich neighbor's living room for 2 hours a day, somebody is going to bitch.
And they can eat a dick. Anyways, they are all Trumper's over there; I don't care.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Radiator on my truck sprung a leak on the way home yesterday, about an hour from my house. The only safe place I could pull it off the road partially blocked someone’s driveway. I called a tow truck and let the homeowner know the situation; he said he didn’t have to go anywhere and not to worry about it. Then the tow company called, and said that they were running late, but would be there in a couple hours, and that I should feel free to leave the truck with a key and they’d handle towing it to the shop I chose. I told the homeowner that, he said no problem, and I made my way home. Then this morning I called the shop to tell them about the issue, and the truck wasn’t there. It turns out that the original tow took so long that the homeowner gave up and had the truck impounded. So I had to drive back out there to get it released from impound, pay that fee ($400), and get it towed to the shop.

So that's been my last 24 hours. Is it too early to start drinking?

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
@Pesqueeb After reading about your recent life-experience, just wanting it to be said that if travel is possible and is safe, you must make the effort and be a presence for your pops. The body only exists here on earth and, any burden that may have come unto it is now made light. Give Dad everything you are able to give in order for him to share his eternal peace, be an example in the process if need be.
Sorry to have learned of this loss.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Finally getting around to scheduling some time with the local wheel builder to put some love to my rear wheel.

All thanks to a fun day in Le Pisgah with @Dirtrider

The feels. Pretty much a brand new rim after the previous one got destroyed at Killington earlier. We Are One rim time?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Finally getting around to scheduling some time with the local wheel builder to put some love to my rear wheel.

The feels. Pretty much a brand new rim after the previous one got destroyed at Killington earlier. We Are One rim time?
What? That looks fine from here!

you knocked the HOLES off center for fucks sake?!! :D slow down, son!

If you go plastic, the We Are One rims are really nice. Not sure if you get their warranty on just rims or if you need to buy built wheels. Contrary to other's experiences I have great luck with the LB plastic rims too. 30mm AM with the heavy layup in the rear.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What? That looks fine from here!

you knocked the HOLES off center for fucks sake?!! :D slow down, son!

If you go plastic, the We Are One rims are really nice. Not sure if you get their warranty on just rims or if you need to buy built wheels. Contrary to other's experiences I have great luck with the LB plastic rims too. 30mm AM with the heavy layup in the rear.
Its definitely not the biggest of dents on either side, but the thing is wonky and flat spotted there. Lots of bare metal pearing through the anodizing too.

Hmm yeah I'll ask him about the we are rims warranty and such. He deals with them pretty closely I think. With a good warranty I think they'd be worth the up front cost... rather than dealing with this stuff repeatedly.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
But for reals....why are the nipple holes (heh) not alternatingly staggered off centerline? Am I losing my mind or is there some new fangled rim technology I'm not aware of?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
When is it today?

Coffee now, strategerizing in what my day will look like. Bike ride? Write and record some music? Freelance work? Sell some shit on Craig’s list? Who the fuck even knows.
Well I’ve managed a ride, a trip to the beer store and grocery store, and sold CL shit to two different people. Squarely tucked into cerveza numero dos right now, about to open a third and have a shower. I suppose there’s still time to record some music, and my microphone did show up today!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Have great luck with the LB plastic rims too. 30mm AM with the heavy layup in the rear.
I bought 2 LB wheelsets on Hope hubs maybe 3 years ago and can't say enough good things about them. One has the 26mm(?) XC rims, other has the 30mm AM. Haven't had to touch either. Very impressed. Though I don't ride as much as I used to, my weight and hackish line choices artificially accelerate aging.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Today turned out to be kind of like work but I still managed a short road ride, it was cold with a north wind and 48 degrees. I lasted 90 minutes. Came home and found my vote by mail primary ballot, how many copies should I ail back?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
All this would not have happened with those too narrow Mavic rims. Just sayin'... :D