Quantcast

♧◇♡♤Day 1/7 ♤♡◇♧

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not sure why I'm awake given we're not leaving until 7am. We're going to stop at Meteor Crater on the way home.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Today is the day when we pause to think of those who have led the U.S through times of feast and famine, celebration and struggle. Men who have been great generals and representatives, leaders of humanity, commerce and industry. Men who go on to become even greater after leaving office than they were before. Men who become humanitarians, authors, artists and...shoe salesmen.

1708345810619.png

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
not taking day off for President's day, but might stop early in recognition of @canadmos ' family.

killer ski day yesterday, but still too cold/snowy/warm/muddy in town to think about riding bikes.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
man am I sore. I did 6 hours of yard work yesterday and spent most of it pulling weeds from the lawn and grass that was growing up through the wood stringers in the concrete patio. The only respit was doing electrical splicing on the power wire for the RV awning LEDs

Espresso the off to work I go

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
not taking day off for President's day, but might stop early in recognition of @canadmos ' family.

killer ski day yesterday, but still too cold/snowy/warm/muddy in town to think about riding bikes.
It's @Canada's family. My family, @slyfink's family, your family, we're all family!

I hereby swear that this holiday has no border constraints. All are welcome. Except delicate flowers.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Is today a holiday?
I get it as a holiday

in that we work like normal but I get a comp day to use for it that’ll make a vacation day elsewhere not count as vacation. Same with MLK and Juneteenth.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Holiday? Good thing we drove into Bell Rock trailhead at 6:00. Sedona parking is ridiculous.
So, easy blues this morning with the ladies, and Trailfork reds later today.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Night skiing was fun last night but it dawned on my that my skis need replacing, as I could not get an edge on icy terrain. So, I'll be calling around today to see if anybody has Rossi Sender 94's in stock. First though, I ran 9 easy miles this morning on a very hilly route. Day off from work but lots to do....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

No day off, but WFH. It's a short week because I took Thursday and Friday off for the birthday festivities. Couple of meetings this morning, but nothing major. Should be a mellow week, but you never know.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Night skiing was fun last night but it dawned on my that my skis need replacing, as I could not get an edge on icy terrain. So, I'll be calling around today to see if anybody has Rossi Sender 94's in stock. First though, I ran 9 easy miles this morning on a very hilly route. Day off from work but lots to do....
why bother with anything over 68 mm for east coast ice eh

:D

/not really joking

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Actually rode a bike yesterday. That shit’s kinda fun.

Started my workday with an email from a colleague in Euroland telling me to take him off an email chain. “It’s not my problem. Deal with it yourself,” is what I was told wrt an issue we are having with one of our largest customers in USA. I will enjoy having his head mounted on a spike outside my door soon.

Eta- It is his problem, bc he wrote the fucking code that keeps crashing.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Started my workday with an email from a colleague in Euroland telling me to take him off an email chain. “It’s not my problem. Deal with it yourself,” is what I was told wrt an issue we are having with one of our largest customers in USA. I will enjoy having his head mounted on a spike outside my door soon.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
it's not that weird for Asian people to be seen skiing these days, sheesh