Quantcast

♧◇♡♤Day 2/7 ♤♡◇♧

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Didn't really get to do much work yesterday, let's see if today is more productive.

Hopefully a ride as the next two days have a deluge in the forecast.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Discovered yesterday that my trusty combination square is trusty no more. It shows 1/16" difference over 10" depending upon orientation. This does not work for me.

Riding yesterday was fun. I should do that more often.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
very vivid REM sleep, could have used a few hours more. Off to the Delta for work in a few and I finish my espresso. So far for the mot part the heavy rain has missed our area and has gone to the north or south of us which works for me.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Working in the office today because our home internet shit the bed. Xfinity is there now and apparently a chipmunk ate through a cable. LMAO son of a bitch. So I'll probably head home at noon or so, assuming internet is working again by then.

Re: new skis, I bought a pair of Rossi Sender 94's yesterday. $880 for skis and bindings and mounting. Not bad! Current year Rossignols came with free one day lift tickets to seven local resorts. Score!!

7.2 mile run done this morning in 16 degrees. :monkey:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had trouble falling asleep last night. 10/10 feel like a bag of poo poo today. :dead:

But hey, at least its Tuesday already.

I had a virtual doctors appointment yesterday morning about the sleep thing. It sounds like they are going to send me for another sleep study. Which will be great, because I don't think I actually slept much or at all during the one I did last year.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I've finished reading Born to Run again. Might give this trail running thing another go.

For the stats monkeys, in bed at 7h:30, woke up at 6:00. Winning the sleeping game.

Was supposed to ride the Hogs this morning, but the ladies put a stick in my plan's front wheel. :disgust1:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Working in the office today because our home internet shit the bed. Xfinity is there now and apparently a chipmunk ate through a cable. LMAO son of a bitch. So I'll probably head home at noon or so, assuming internet is working again by then.

Re: new skis, I bought a pair of Rossi Sender 94's yesterday. $880 for skis and bindings and mounting. Not bad! Current year Rossignols came with free one day lift tickets to seven local resorts. Score!!

7.2 mile run done this morning in 16 degrees. :monkey:
Kind of doubt it was a chipmunk since they more or less hibernate during the winter.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's @Canada's family. My family, @slyfink's family, your family, we're all family!

I hereby swear that this holiday has no border constraints. All are welcome. Except delicate flowers.
unfortunately, as a civil servant, I don't get the day off. but the kids do. was going to let them play video games all day, but we got a mini-dump over the weekend, so I took the day off and brought the boys skiing at a local hill here. conditions were great. somehow, my youngest boy seems to be a natural at DH skiing. Knows how to engage both edges, links turns with control, and seems to be able to read the terrain nicely. it's weird. he also knows his limits and is ready to call it a day when he starts to get tired.
I often introduce myself as “Gringo Huevón’ , always makes them laugh!
My Spanish in on the upper end of intermediate, but hot damn I have far to go.
my spanish is pretty solidly intermediate too. one of the families at our boys' ski club is from Madrid. they have three daughters who were all raised here, but still have their parents' accents and speed when speaking spanish. I was asking one of them how a recent trip went, and I guess it went well... caus' when she launched into full-on excited-teenage-girl speaking madrileño... I went from understanding 90% to understanding 2%... humbling indeed!
holy smokes! you have waaay more choice down your way than we do up here. here, we only get thin mints and trefoils. and never at the same time. one is the fall cookie, the other is the spring cookie...

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
finding a snowboarder upsidedown in the snow extraction.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
we will do the butt museum
wat
I hope my brain works better today!
nowhere to go from here but up, my good man

/me was all ready to ride down to Colorado Center as I thought I was supposed to be there, but upon checking the schedule one last time this was not the case. instead I'll just ride to the regular hospital later, methinks.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
holy smokes! you have waaay more choice down your way than we do up here. here, we only get thin mints and trefoils. and never at the same time. one is the fall cookie, the other is the spring cookie...
The Lemon Ups just came out a year or three ago and are my new favorite. The shortbread is a given and I'm a sucker for most things peanut butter. The Thin Mints are for the wife because I'm not a total ass. :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Tired and stiff as all hell still. Thankfully all of my meetings have been cancelled. Also, this.

1000004511.jpg