Quantcast

⚡Sunday Funday GMT⚡

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Tossed and turned during the night but I slept fitfully. Going to order the elder kid the bike, methinks.

79376868-3CF2-471A-B9B2-256B2E7579BB.jpeg

(build would have a dropper. Trailcraft Maxwell 26)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Oh, elder two kids have their kids’ triathlon today! They are psyched.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Daughter's 1st birthday party today; the hordes shall be descending in a few hours. Made 7 lbs of delicious pulled pork, sans BBQ sauce for you purists.

Now off to pick up dog poop!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Was talking with friends last night about singers in different punk bands we listen to and one guy commented that they all have to be like 50. And then one of the women commented that the Descendents are like 70. We all felt really old.
Lol, you feel old...I can remember when Bob Haro had an Afro.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was talking with friends last night about singers in different punk bands we listen to and one guy commented that they all have to be like 50. And then one of the women commented that the Descendents are like 70. We all felt really old.
when i saw cock sparrer in 2015 they were already in their 60s. still playing these days.

charlie harper (uk subs) is 78. which means he was almost 60 when i saw them in 2003.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Several friends messaged me last night from the Motley Snüze show thinking I’d be there. I feel like my friends should know that wouldn’t have gone for any reason, certainly not with Joan Jett and Def Leppard on the bill. The photos I was sent looked like the stadium was pretty empty for much of the night… which was still basically daylight shining through the “roof.”

Speaking of bands and ages, Mick Mars is 71 and still out there doing this.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rolled ankle made karting very difficult this am. Haley and I went on a ravaging session in a 12-person adult kart race. We kept getting stuck in traffic, so eventually stopped on the side of the track to let people clear out so that we could get a clear lap. First time she's done it, so now understands why I have been pushing her to do it in qualifying.

Off to pull out stumps now...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Snuck a short ride in before the afternoon t-storms rolled in. Going to a retirement party for one of the OR doctors later this afternoon. Basically a lazy Sunday.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
to expand on my earlier statement. it was hot and i felt like ass. then a buck ran put of the laurels right in front of me on a dh and i wrecked trying to avoid him. then, as i was limping back to the car nursing a sore wrist from the deer incident, a blacksnake tried to tangle himself in my spokes. at least it started pouring on the way back to the car.

for now, a stout and pulled pork tacos. kids back to school tomorrow at last.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Zero rain in the forecast so after the morning ride I started sanding/prepping our front door frame to be re-painted.

Then just as I started to apply paint a thunderstorm cropped up a couple of miles SW. Hopefully it stays away and it stays dry through the night before I put the weather stripping back in place in the morning.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I think all this manual labor has me building muscles... I'm 10# heavier in the last month but definitely not fatter.

Only got one stump out. Tap root was two fucking inches in diameter, 12" deep (hehe), and running horizontal to the closest sprinkler - 8' away. Did get all the mulch left (2 or 3 yards) into the backyard.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Zero rain in the forecast so after the morning ride I started sanding/prepping our front door frame to be re-painted.

Then just as I started to apply paint a thunderstorm cropped up a couple of miles SW. Hopefully it stays away and it stays dry through the night before I put the weather stripping back in place in the morning.
Looks like a storm. Should move fast.