Quantcast

✠✠✠ Sin dray ✠✠✠

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:
Hi
Mornings in my shop are good for the mind. Will finish my tax stuff today.
Got all set up to make round logs into board slab thingys.
Should ride zwift at some point, but probably won’t, who am I kidding.
D71EC0B7-68AD-4B52-9648-15C353F6116A.jpeg

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
62 homicides yesterday in El.Slavador and constitutional protections suspended late last night Stuff gonna be stupid for a few days at least...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
62 homicides yesterday in El.Slavador and constitutional protections suspended late last night Stuff gonna be stupid for a few days at least...
Head down!

I shall have Moore Fun on the drive home from Moab today.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Purge?

Get to try and find a new front wheel for Haley today. More work on the conversion from CountAbout to Quicken. I am very, very pissed off with this process. It looks like it will be largely manual data transfer, for 20k+ data points. I should be able to pull a lot in .qif files from the corresponding financial firm, but most don't have deep history like I'm looking for.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I went out for a fatbike ride. It was not awesome. But I went out for a fatbike ride so it was awesome.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Nothing to report here, lazy Sunday. And it snowed, so definitely not going outside. I'm protesting against the return of winter.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
12 years ago to the day was my last drink.
Yeehaw, I’m gonna drink a Steel Reserve and some üllr to celebrate!
:Alcoholic::bad:
Good job at staying away from the paycheck thief.

My store finally got it in, now that it is to warm to drink it.
20220320_145855~2.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Got my new used phone (S10) set up and my pone number switched over. I did not realize just how bad the screen had gotten on my old phone. I can actually use this one in sunlight. Sourdough loaf has about 5 more minutes to bake and the yard work is all done for the week. Time for Tamales and beer then go hit the hammock

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Had to attend one of my wife’s friends kids birthday parties, cheap bastards had about 1/3 as much food as they needed and no drinks, not even a damn bottle of water. Kill list

I did my best to not talk to anybody and when I was forced into conversations make them as awkward as possible.

Trying to find motivation to do something less horrible for the rest of the day, but it’s not going well.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Had to attend one of my wife’s friends kids birthday parties, cheap bastards had about 1/3 as much food as they needed and no drinks, not even a damn bottle of water. Kill list

I did my best to not talk to anybody and when I was forced into conversations make them as awkward as possible.

Trying to find motivation to do something less horrible for the rest of the day, but it’s not going well.
Next time to pass the time, when you are forced into one of those conversations, only look at their ear, make no eye contact. Stare at it with a perplexing look on your face. They’ll get self conscious and start to fidget.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Turns out I'm working 5-10 PM today! who knew? not me, clearly

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
It can be any facial feature, just stare at it with deep and alarming concern.
Or extreme frequency but downplay it everytime. I see you play this one too! Haha, we’re fucked!

My wife and I play stupid games like that. I’m not sure why destabilizing the other is so amusing. Once, I had to apologize after three weeks of pretending there was something going on with her eyebrow… I realized she was starting to think she needed to get them plucked or worked on or something. Coming from a woman who doesn’t wear makeup nor pluck, I realized I went too far. She returns the favor mercilessly now, haha. Lucky for her my inner ear hair and eyebrows have karma’d my ass. Plenty of ammunition for her to get me back, haha.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Next time to pass the time, when you are forced into one of those conversations, only look at their ear, make no eye contact. Stare at it with a perplexing look on your face. They’ll get self conscious and start to fidget.
I usually try to sus out the person I’m talking to’s politics and then either go hard the opposite direction or start talking fake conspiracy theories. Your scheme seems like a nice polite-ish approach, will be stealing that for later.

I’ve been instructed to keep it cordial, said annoying friend is a fellow bridesmaid at an upcoming wedding and my wife and the 3 other bridesmaids are just trying to keep the peace for the sake of the bride. Right after the wedding I have permission to go nuclear.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I usually try to sus out the person I’m talking to’s politics and then either go hard the opposite direction or start talking fake conspiracy theories. Your scheme seems like a nice polite-ish approach, will be stealing that for later.

I’ve been instructed to keep it cordial, said annoying friend is a fellow bridesmaid at an upcoming wedding and my wife and the 3 other bridesmaids are just trying to keep the peace for the sake of the bride. Right after the wedding I have permission to go nuclear.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Oh, that's fun too. Try telling a white southern christian woman that Jesus was brown and impossible to have been white due to the geography.

Wanna melt her to the floor, look her in the eye, never glance down, and tell her her shoes are hideous.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The Haley bike project is always a slippery slope. Need a 26" 15x100mm front wheel, because her existing front wheel is so old the hub won't convert (wtf? It's a 2019 bike?). Well, that's a damn near impossible wheel to find. So, likely just going to have to build one. Fork is 130mm out of the box and causing all kinds of issues, as the frame is built for a 90mm fork. I couldn't get less, because the don't exist,so travel needs to come down. @Nick thankfully is good at these things and found the solution, however the fork model is so new, the appropriate parts aren't available online yet.

Wifey was reminded this morning that she no longer has a bike and was a bit upset. She totally forgot that I had sold off her bike in the process of cleaning the garage. Also because I wanted to get her a modern trail bike vs. a ~2006 XC race bike. So, Wifey's new bike is on the shopping list. She did really like the Fuel EX she had as her interim bike, when I had pillaged her bike for parts for Haley. So, we'll probably go try one at our local shop next weekend. She might just get a new bike. Base model for sure, but might just get a new bike, because it's easier.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The Haley bike project is always a slippery slope. Need a 26" 15x100mm front wheel, because her existing front wheel is so old the hub won't convert (wtf? It's a 2019 bike?). Well, that's a damn near impossible wheel to find. So, likely just going to have to build one. Fork is 130mm out of the box and causing all kinds of issues, as the frame is built for a 90mm fork. I couldn't get less, because the don't exist,so travel needs to come down. @Nick thankfully is good at these things and found the solution, however the fork model is so new, the appropriate parts aren't available online yet.

Wifey was reminded this morning that she no longer has a bike and was a bit upset. She totally forgot that I had sold off her bike in the process of cleaning the garage. Also because I wanted to get her a modern trail bike vs. a ~2006 XC race bike. So, Wifey's new bike is on the shopping list. She did really like the Fuel EX she had as her interim bike, when I had pillaged her bike for parts for Haley. So, we'll probably go try one at our local shop next weekend. She might just get a new bike. Base model for sure, but might just get a new bike, because it's easier.
What fork is it? I think I've got a bunch of spacers to reduce travel on older rockshox.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I have to believe you can get a 100mm air shaft for that fork. Did you check those links I sent? Shit, call RS and ask.
Links were great. I found the part number, but it's different for 2020+. I'll call them when I have time, which isn't now.