Quantcast

✠ ✠ ✠ Praise the horde day ✠ ✠ ✠

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Going to try like Hell to get out of this place and back to the green tunnel this morning. Hopefully I will have a shuttle driver. If not there is an outfitter right at the edge of town and Newfound Gap is a popular trailhead. We shall see.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Somehow got 8hrs sleep, Plantar Fasiitis is getting better, potted up a couple of native plants that I grew by accident(tree fern, sandpaper fig).
Later I went for a ride then bought food, a new Nalgene bottle and cooked a roast-
PXL_20230618_080504688~2.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
12 or so more solo hours watching my Baby Aya before my wife flies back in. (She’s in Reno dropping off elder kids at a camp.)

Baby Aya has had a good time with me thus far :)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
We had a garden tour in the hood today. Finish off in my garden and people were served some rose. Just as I am about to sit down and relax my son comes running. These little girls had been roaming around the garden on their own and had started to throw big rocks through an open window in the basement. Three of my huge floor tiles broken, a hole in the wall finish and they also hit the carbon rim on my mountain bike. What a fucking mess and now they have to take up the tiles in a floor with radiant heating and hope the replacement tiles are not to different looking :(

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Coffee. Some weightlifting this morning, a little garage organization (new workbench, tool chest and a new wall mounted cabinet), and a steak dinner tonight. Happy Dad's Day to me.

Learned yesterday that my Dad is extremely unhappy to be back here. I'll leave out the details, but my Mom gave him the "you're free to leave" card. Happy Dad's Day to Dad.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And so much for swim, as Hannah's sick. Time straight to study instead. No Father's Day crap, just a nice steak for dinner. Hoping to get the entire "retirement" section done today, but it's a big reach.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
We had a garden tour in the hood today. Finish off in my garden and people were served some rose. Just as I am about to sit down and relax my son comes running. These little girls had been roaming around the garden on their own and had started to throw big rocks through an open window in the basement. Three of my huge floor tiles broken, a hole in the wall finish and they also hit the carbon rim on my mountain bike. What a fucking mess and now they have to take up the tiles in a floor with radiant heating and hope the replacement tiles are not to different looking :(
Danish Terrorism!

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

Nineteen minutes passed from the first 911 call to when first responders arrived

I guess we have noisy snakes too but I'm not sure S&R could find me in 19 hours...

Not to mention most of the "goods" are out of cell range (or spotty at best) anyways.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Nineteen minutes passed from the first 911 call to when first responders arrived

I guess we have noisy snakes too but I'm not sure S&R could find me in 19 hours...

Not to mention most of the "goods" are out of cell range (or spotty at best) anyways.
Seriously. I can’t think of a single ride I’ve ever done where emergency services could’ve gotten to me in 19 minutes.

I still wonder how long I was folded up on the mountain after my big accident before paramedics arrived, but my buddy refuses to relive that day. Obviously I couldn’t have been gurgling away for too long. Fortunately it was a lift mountain with fire roads.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

That's basically my backyard / lunchbreak loop. Smack dab in the middle of town, within a few miles of several fire stations, EMTs, etc., not at all remote.
Fucking rattlesnakes have been everywhere on NTM this spring. I hate those things.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Le work :banghead: migrating something today and for two weeks these guys have had to test access to it. So of course I flip the switch today and people on VPN are cut off. I ask networking person and a rule was never created for it. :banghead: how'd testing get marked as completed??

ANYWAYS, now that I'm off the phone, it's time to for a short ride. Too late in the day to goto the real trails. :(

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That's basically my backyard / lunchbreak loop. Smack dab in the middle of town, within a few miles of several fire stations, EMTs, etc., not at all remote.
Fucking rattlesnakes have been everywhere on NTM this spring. I hate those things.
i used to work at rocky mountain small animal hospital....that big vet clinic/kennel you can see on 470 in highlands ranch close to the mall....there was a vet tech who worked there who had two corgi's that were experts on getting bit by rattlesnakes....at least 3 or 4 times between the two of them....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i used to work at rocky mountain small animal hospital....that big vet clinic/kennel you can see on 470 in highlands ranch close to the mall....there was a vet tech who worked there who had two corgi's that were experts on getting bit by rattlesnakes....at least 3 or 4 times between the two of them....
My mother's Corgi mutt managed to get bit by a rattlesnake in the face.