Quantcast

✠ ✠ ✠ Praise the horde day ✠ ✠ ✠

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Few quick laps at the bike park this morning, lunch, and now on the way home. My wife and daughter know how to spoil a guy on Father’s Day.

Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads in monkey land!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Argh, so yesterday turned into 3.5 hours down, 3 hours up, but at least the food was bad and I got a very condescending lecture from my dad about financial responsibility and how I really need to plan for the future. Orphans have is made, lucky bastards.

In other happy news, really not looking like there’s gunna be time for me to get a ride in on my “day to do anything I want”. Goddamnit intensifies

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Going to get high BRB
Got just over 11,000ft up, over two mountain passes. 81.4 miles, 8660ft of the verts.

Could have done without the 50 freedums temperature difference between the descent from 11k and the final 1800ft climb back home when my Garmin was saying over 100F.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

Vacation is vacationing well. Weather is spotty and that's ok. Had brunch at a cool joint in town that was pretty busy. While waiting for a table, an old guy came up solo. The wife told the waitress he was free to sit with us, so he did.

Ray is an 81 year old commercial fisherman originally from California. He's been fishing since he was 13 and at 17 was given the option of the Navy or juvenile detention and chose the Navy. He has fished all over the world, a really cool guy who as seen a lot. We will try to swing by his boat tomorrow while he is still in the bay. It's a converted sail boat, so that's even cooler. Rated for 10 tons of fish.

He said the food there was good last year when he was here and it was again. The company was even better.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I use the shovel solely to flick them back into the open space. Haley knows to keep eyes out for them and Hannah is learning. Such is the nature of living by nature. :nerd:
I have a friend, originally from New Mexico, who'd simply pick them up and move them. Sometime, I'd like to spend a month with him there.
how do you feel about huge ass scorpions....

my first memory of texas as a 4 year old was our german neighbor beating the hell out of a huge scorpion on our back patio with a shovel as she casually smoked a filtered cigarette....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
how do you feel about huge ass scorpions....

my first memory of texas as a 4 year old was our german neighbor beating the hell out of a huge scorpion on our back patio with a shovel as she casually smoked a filtered cigarette....
Meh. Dump your shoes before putting them on. Fire ants though... Fuck those things to hell.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Paying today for yesterday’s shuttle laps at Alsea Falls. Fun, but so fast! I am too old to be moving that fast through the woods…no dirt naps, but I still have arm pump.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cooking hotdogs, drinking beer, playing frisbee. Perfect sleeping weather. I like to think I have taken advantage of my situation. Long nap in the hammock.