Quantcast

✧✦✧ Hump It GMT✧✦✧

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The wifey got her peg leg in the mail yesterday, so she had to try it out. I have to say, I think I would much rather use it than a set of crutches, see how she feels on it after a few trial runs.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Morning Monkeys.

The wifey got her peg leg in the mail yesterday, so she had to try it out. I have to say, I think I would much rather use it than a set of crutches, see how she feels on it after a few trial runs.

they've really got to stop putting a damn "i" in front of everything....

yeah, yeah, get of my lawn, etc.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
they've really got to stop putting a damn "i" in front of everything....

yeah, yeah, get of my lawn, etc.
But it's totally wireless! Or something. It had a price tag like a damn Apple product, that's for sure. :panic:

<edit> 2.0 even! The 1.76 update totally hosed my original 1.0. :rofl:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
in case anyone was dying to know how the senior leadership retreat i had to attend yesterday morning went (i know you were all on pins and needles waiting for the report) - it ended about like this:

the fallout will be felt for a while but nothing causing the problems will change.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
in case anyone was dying to know how the senior leadership retreat i had to attend yesterday morning went (i know you were all on pins and needles waiting for the report) - it ended about like this:

the fallout will be felt for a while but nothing causing the problems will change.
Thanks for the update.

Were there snacks?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
You forget that his Subaru is from the lowered bro-dawg/flatbill camp.
Not anymore, check out that fender gap!

This is what happened after lifting the car and letting the strut extend. All the air in the strut blew out and now it is stuck fully extended. The strut is quite broken. Now I have to dig the original strut out of storage and put it back on, while this Bilstein one is sent to California for warranty.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Not anymore, check out that fender gap!

This is what happened after lifting the car and letting the strut extend. All the air in the strut blew out and now it is stuck fully extended. The strut is quite broken. Now I have to dig the original strut out of storage and put it back on, while this Bilstein one is sent to California for warranty.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Fancy! My situation is like watching tectonic plates collide - slooowly yet surely coming to terms with reality eventually.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
This reminds me - March 14th to the 16th is our annual managers meeting which draws about 2000 participants from the field and home office. Its a networking smoozefest nightmare in Dallas with only one night of open bar. I will not be attending this year due to my delicate health... score!!!

There is a silver lining to everything!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Cane Creek customer service rocks !! Had a problem with my new shock and called them on Monday and a new one was on my door step this afternoon. How freakin awesome is that ? I wish the rest of the bike industry worked this way.

Aren't you retired? Why are you in meetings all day? Did you forget that you're supposed to go ride bikes and drink beer?
Meetings 1 and 2: Resulted from Hilarie commenting last year that she kept meeting bicyclists in Vergennes, which is sort of a roadie mecca in the summer, looking for groceries or bike shop or whatever. I'm trying to burrow into bureaucracy to get the charter to erect and maintain said signs.

Meeting 3: Prep meeting for an upcoming meeting with Vermont Fish and Wildlife people with us seeking to legitimize some bootleg trails.

Meeting 4, in about an hour: I'm on the board of a non-profit that manages about 1K acres of conserved land. I weaseled my way onto the board to protect use of land for MTBs. We're also discussing allowing natural burials, no embalming, only cotton shroud or simple wooden casket. Beer will be served.

And yeah, this is getting uncomfortably like work. Tucson minus sixteen days!

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
What was wrong with it?
Started making a sucking sound like air and oil getting mixed and the rebound was set to bouncy castle. Not trying to trash anyone's product, just got one with a glitch, I guess. Can't say enough about Cane Creek's customer service.

A few years ago I ordered the wrong crown race for my headset, and they over-nighted me the correct one so I could ride. Awesome customer service.

I once joked that you could be on the phone with them and in mid conversation expect the rep to tell you to check your mailbox. Quick I tell ya.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

was it one of those retreats where someone falls backwards off a chair and you catch them?

did someone hit the floor?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Started making a sucking sound like air and oil getting mixed and the rebound was set to bouncy castle. Not trying to trash anyone's product, just got one with a glitch, I guess. Can't say enough about Cane Creek's customer service.

A few years ago I ordered the wrong crown race for my headset, and they over-nighted me the correct one so I could ride. Awesome customer service.

I once joked that you could be on the phone with them and in mid conversation expect the rep to tell you to check your mailbox. Quick I tell ya.
Their CS has been like that since the mid-90's. I've got nothing but good things to say about it. And their AD-10 shock was soooooooooo much better than the Fox piece of shit that came on my Trek back then.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Their CS has been like that since the mid-90's. I've got nothing but good things to say about it. And their AD-10 shock was soooooooooo much better than the Fox piece of shit that came on my Trek back then.
That was the last shock I used on my Trek Y22, paid about $250 new, used it for 3 years and still got over $100 for it on ebay, I remember them being very easy to work with. At the time I was using a Bolton Jackrabbit triangle that required a different external valve angle, the rep took the time to reseach the angle and length and included the bits at no additional charge. This was about 2002.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
That was the last shock I used on my Trek Y22, paid about $250 new, used it for 3 years and still got over $100 for it on ebay, I remember them being very easy to work with. At the time I was using a Bolton Jackrabbit triangle that required a different external valve angle, the rep took the time to reseach the angle and length and included the bits at no additional charge. This was about 2002.
Heh. Same bike. They shipped me the 1st rebuild kit gratis (that shock was ridiculously easy to rebuild), then they sent me the mount adapters free when I moved it over to my NRS. 2nd rebuild kit was like $30 - and that f**king shock is still on the NRS (my oldest rides it now).

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Heh. Same bike. They shipped me the 1st rebuild kit gratis (that shock was ridiculously easy to rebuild), then they sent me the mount adapters free when I moved it over to my NRS. 2nd rebuild kit was like $30 - and that f**king shock is still on the NRS (my oldest rides it now).
I wish I had kept that bike and triangle just for the novelty factor, the only component I have from that build is a Rock Shock Sid Race... very hip for 2002.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
I wish I had kept that bike and triangle just for the novelty factor, the only component I have from that build is a Rock Shock Sid Race... very hip for 2002.
lol - the NRS referenced earlier... it got a SID Race Carbon as a replacement for its original Psylo (which self-destructed). That fucking SID is a complete NOODLE. Fortunately, the kid knows no better. Hopefully it'll last for awhile... I understand you can't even get those old SID Race forks rebuilt any more.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Expensive day. Wifey forgot to "unsuspend" her license to be a nurse, so couldn't work, had to pay our nanny anyway, then ran over some concrete with our cursed Mazda.

I guess she scratched the car we use the least...

I've taken this all very well. I think I'll mix up a martini.

Merde.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Bong Shed back online. Door fixed, heater is on, Snacks resupplied. Beer in fridge. New cookie jar, candles, and wine rack donated by the neighbors. Big ass lock on door. Escape hatch to garage installed. Bedding to be replaced or washed. Drain will be fixed when the weather warms up. Security grate over the window. New motion light in my side of the garage. My brother came by to look at the improvements and approved of everything.

Garage will be converted to a work shop for my Brother when he gets around to it. Neighbor wants to park his camper next to it. I am on board...

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
lol - the NRS referenced earlier... it got a SID Race Carbon as a replacement for its original Psylo (which self-destructed). That fucking SID is a complete NOODLE. Fortunately, the kid knows no better. Hopefully it'll last for awhile... I understand you can't even get those old SID Race forks rebuilt any more.
Somewhere I have a picture of a friend riding down some crazy boulder field on one of those forks. The angle between his bars and the front wheel was about 30 degrees off of the normal 90 degree relationship. Sumbitch cleaned it like it was his job. I am pretty sure he is a robot sent from the future.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Somewhere I have a picture of a friend riding down some crazy boulder field on one of those forks. The angle between his bars and the front wheel was about 30 degrees off of the normal 90 degree relationship. Sumbitch cleaned it like it was his job. I am pretty sure he is a robot sent from the future.
One of the craziest things bike related that I've witnessed was a random, non-cyclist type, guy on a huffy wearing sweat pants and no helmet ride down an icy waterfall/boulder creek in February. Dude cleaned it.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Bong Shed back online. Door fixed, heater is on, Snacks resupplied. Beer in fridge. New cookie jar, candles, and wine rack donated by the neighbors. Big ass lock on door. Escape hatch to garage installed. Bedding to be replaced or washed. Drain will be fixed when the weather warms up. Security grate over the window. New motion light in my side of the garage. My brother came by to look at the improvements and approved of everything.

Garage will be converted to a work shop for my Brother when he gets around to it. Neighbor wants to park his camper next to it. I am on board...
Things are getting mighty chi chi in the hood...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

PICS

One of the craziest things bike related that I've witnessed was a random, non-cyclist type, guy on a huffy wearing sweat pants and no helmet ride down an icy waterfall/boulder creek in February. Dude cleaned it.
trail?