Quantcast

⬧♏❒♓□◆⬧●⮹✍ no thursday thread?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Frustrations at this building I moved to continue. How does someone do this job without writing or documenting ANYTHING????

Anyways, didn't ride last night because reasons. Will attempt to tonight.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning gentlepeoples!

Work, and maybe ride if the thunderstorms stay away.

Not much new to report, other than it appears I will be back in CO next June for a wedding.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Almost got 7 hours of good sleep. After work last night we brought the horse trailer home and pulled everything out of it it including the stall mats. Scrubbed down the inside cut some new cushion foam to replace some bad sections (foam lies under the stall mats to reduce vibration and trailer noise to the horse) then put it all back together. The stall mats are close to 100 pounds each and are awkward as hell to move. Its nice to know that at my age I can still toss those puppies around without too much difficulty.. As a reward we went to Hop Devine for some really good burgers.

Light day today built around a two hour conference call with ALCO EMS.....only 6 trsnports ....Win

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
4 days of riding in Squamish starts this pm.
Pretty crappy to discover some UV effects on my bike...

I’m sure it will be fine.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Hannah decided 2am was a good time to wake up and not go back to sleep. At least until she got into our bed and proceeded to kick me regularly until 6am when I got up. So I'm properly tired.

Webinar I'm teaching just had a ton more people sign up since last night, so I'm comfortably pushing 4% of staff (which is a huge population) attending including the CEO, most of the management team, and all of the benefits team will be on. But no pressure... Starting to get a bit nervous even though I've donr this seminar dozens of times before.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Thanks for the picture. I'll definitely reference back to that.

And it looks really good. Did you spray or roll it?
Thanks!

Two coats rolled with mini foam roller, third coat rolled then lined horizontally with a brush.
We actually wanted the hand painted look. Still not sure I should have done the bigger drawer fronts shaker.
We'll see when all is done.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
hi. I'm in a shitty mood.
:stupid:
and so was everyone else in my household. I blame the weather (dreary and glib).

ride night tonight. I seriously irritated my achilles tendon trying to skateboard to the wading pool a couple of days ago. I can barely walk. riding will be interesting. luckily, we're not planning on doing anything gnarly, and with the rain, the 'fair weather riders' will probably be staying home.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Hannah decided 2am was a good time to wake up and not go back to sleep. At least until she got into our bed and proceeded to kick me regularly until 6am when I got up. So I'm properly tired.

Webinar I'm teaching just had a ton more people sign up since last night, so I'm comfortably pushing 4% of staff (which is a huge population) attending including the CEO, most of the management team, and all of the benefits team will be on. But no pressure... Starting to get a bit nervous even though I've donr this seminar dozens of times before.
good luck on the presentation.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

As opposed to the night before last, I slept like dog shit last night. Probably should have gone for a ride this morning, but meh..... Gonna be a hot one.

That's awfully optimistic of you.
For his sake, I hope it works out. He wanted me to be best man, but figured it would cause family drama if he didn't pick his brother. :rofl:

Thanks for the picture. I'll definitely reference back to that.

And it looks really good. Did you spray or roll it?
Oh, btw, was thinking about you a few minutes ago. If you have a table saw coming, make sure you have a solid array of safety devices like push sticks, push blocks, outfeed table (if you have the space), and a featherboard. Can't be too careful, my grandfather learned this the hard way after liberating 30% of his hand on a table saw.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wife, MIL, and two elder kids are off at a reservations-only Lakewood splash park. I’m tending to the baby at home. Said baby is trying to feed a zebra figurine to one of the cats.

I am ok with this arrangement, inclusive of the baby’s attempts to provoke feline foreign body ingestion.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
For his sake, I hope it works out. He wanted me to be best man, but figured it would cause family drama if he didn't pick his brother. :rofl:

Oh, btw, was thinking about you a few minutes ago. If you have a table saw coming, make sure you have a solid array of safety devices like push sticks, push blocks, outfeed table (if you have the space), and a featherboard. Can't be too careful, my grandfather learned this the hard way after liberating 30% of his hand on a table saw.
I ended up taking the recommendation from you and @AngryMetalsmith and got the track saw. I was able to get a full tool suite (only shy a bandsaw) for just over the price of a single Safesaw. It covers 90%+ of the functionality and looking at what I'm doing that's plenty enough. If I need more, I still have my job site table - though I might sell that to offset the other tools some.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wife, MIL, and two elder kids are off at a reservations-only Lakewood splash park.
Lakewood? Uhh... That's a pretty right-leaning, blue collar, non-mask wearing (at least until this Monday) area. Just saying...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Lakewood? Uhh... That's a pretty right-leaning, blue collar, non-mask wearing (at least until this Monday) area. Just saying...
Big kid area is suitably low occupancy. Little kid area is a mess of parents and kids apparently, but Aya isn’t there anyway.

305B3EEC-FF11-4073-81DB-B5A29B4C7CFB.jpeg

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Hero dirt and greasy roots/rocks on morning jaunt thanks to overnight storms.
Great fun but humidity left much to be desired.
Off to Maine for four days, bike in tow.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
May be dumb, with teh 'Rona and supposed La Nina winter on tap, but I bought the family season ski passes. First time I've ever sprung for the "insurance". :fie:

#firstworldproblems

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
May be dumb, with teh 'Rona and supposed La Nina winter on tap, but I bought the family season ski passes. First time I've ever sprung for the "insurance". :fie:

#firstworldproblems
Does the insurance even cover the rona?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Does the insurance even cover the rona?
Maybe? After parsing the "disclaimer" i'm still not terribly sure. There is "Cancellation" coverage. A gamble I know, but at least to me, if the Rona keeps the ski areas closed, that's cancellation of ski season. I can't imagine the lawyers not getting involved if it doesn't. For it's part, Monarch is claiming guaranteed open minimum 90 days or they will pro rate a refund, so I'm going with that. To be honest, my biggest worry at this point is an unintentional job transfer, which IS covered by the insurance. Shit's gonna be weird this year no matter what, so.......... Nobody ever died wishing they had spent less time skiing.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Midday Monkeys.

Got the references turned in, I should get a packet for the background check. The employment is 7 years, which isn't bad except the year at Playhaven is near impossible to validate as everyone is ghost, the domain was sold, its a different gig now. If it isn't hardcore, then it shouldn't be an issue. Otherwise, ugh.

Last time I tracked the old CEO down on Linkedin. :rofl:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Going to a TGR bike movie premiere at a drive in tonight, should be fun. A shitload of my riding posse will be there, it’s going to be weird to ‘sort of’ socialize...

Last edited: