Quantcast

《□》Thirstday gmt {■}

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yeah - seems more like roommates than soulmates. :D

Although - I get that some people are fuckin' TERRIBLE with money and such an arrangement may be a necessity.

Still seems weird.
Parent friends of ours are like that. Hubby has a CC with a $12K balance at 30% interest. Apparently, he's content paying on that rather than pursuing a balance transfer to a 0% card that he just opened. I forsee only bad things coming from this.

I could NEVER live with someone like that.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
what I don't get is married people with separate bank accounts, who apparently nickle and dime each household bill?
Man I’ve got a few stories about this kind of thing. When a family member was hospitalized a little while ago I got some insight into their financial situation. The husband and wife have very different financial minds and it was not fun trying to figure out the arrangement.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Man I’ve got a few stories about this kind of thing. When a family member was hospitalized a little while ago I got some insight into their financial situation. The husband and wife have very different financial minds and it was not fun trying to figure out the arrangement.
I just don't get how that could work. they just let the other person's finances go to shit as long as they pay their "rent"?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I just don't get how that could work. they just let the other person's finances go to shit as long as they pay their "rent"?
It was a bit more complicated than that. He had the understanding and the plan in terms of moving money around and setting long term plans. She thinks and budgets week to week (maybe month to month). He’d set up a 0% balance transfer card with a plan for future payment at maturity. She’d see a balance and want it paid to $0 immediately at any cost, even if it created liquidity problems and would end up costing them more money.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
have fun in hell, asshole

View attachment 210228
I need to see if I can find it again, but years ago I read an article that made a pretty convincing argument that OJ was covering for his son. Like, had it been presented in court, I might have had a "shadow of a doubt". No doubt OJ was a terrible human being, but decades after the fact I had my mind possibly changed about him definitely being a murderer.
1000001617.gif

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I need to see if I can find it again, but years ago I read an article that made a pretty convincing argument that OJ was covering for his son. Like, had it been presented in court, I might have had a "shadow of a doubt". No doubt OJ was a terrible human being, but decades after the fact I had my mind possibly changed about him definitely being a murderer.
View attachment 210233
Didn’t he write a book detailing how he would have done it if he did ?

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
old employer is trying to enforce a non-compete even though he went from slinging insurance paper to slinging his seed(s)
Oh... Somebody is trying to get a new precedent set in-state.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I absolutely love how I can search our global sharepoint site here at work, for a specific tool, and find hundreds of documents, powerpoints, diagrams etc etc on it. But not the actual link to the damn thing. :think:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I absolutely love how I can search our global sharepoint site here at work, for a specific tool, and find hundreds of documents, powerpoints, diagrams etc etc on it. But not the actual link to the damn thing. :think:
Cuz Sharepoint is where stuff goes to get lost.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Feels like a Slayer kind of day.

i feel like these two things are mutually incompatible

if you say sharepoint 3 times fast mike tyson shows up and punches you in the face
now how to get some coworkers to say it...

drove wife up to winston salem in the rain for a meeting this morning. sorry @AngryMetalsmith had a tight schedule or else i would have taken ya out for coffee and waffles or something.

now off to sign taxes and later going to learn about local high school ib program, as we have to decide by tomorrow where the 14yo is going...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Discovered that the unopened new Under Armor t-shirt that I bought for my hike is not like the others and is made from a material so thin you can see through it. Now I have to go out shopping for a replacement or an entirely new brand. Not cool. Or wear the freshest one I have. It’s only got 534+ miles. Thing will smell like road kill in August after a couple weeks. :bad:

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Discovered that the unopened new Under Armor t-shirt that I bought for my hike is not like the others and is made from a material so thin you can see through it. Now I have to go out shopping for a replacement or an entirely new brand. Not cool. Or wear the freshest one I have. It’s only got 534+ miles. Thing will smell like road kill in August after a couple weeks. :bad:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I've gotten a few things from Ketl Mountain recently and been pretty happy with the material. Definitely worth a look.