Quantcast

Wetnessday

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Another day, another game...played last night in the pouring rain for a Win, tonight just after the rain for a hard fought 2-1 loss. Struggling with keeping the girls totally motivated for a whole hour sucks! I have 2-3 players that are really giving 110% the whole game and the rest just seem done (more mentally than physically I think...they just don't have the drive). SO frustrating. Tomorrow....we condition!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Ah, the machines that cause climate change being destroyed by climate change.
I know it’s cool to hate rich people and all, but as a modern supercar that has to pass emissions and also likely has triple digit mileage, I doubt the McLaren did as much damage as you’re giving it credit for. Now, the owners likely private flight out of Fl to a less methy/huricaney state? That may have had something to do with climate change…

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You have a U-haul close by? Their trailers are unbelievably cheap, and it's one less thing you have to own/maintain and ultimately sell when she moves up to Formula Mazda
Good call. Quick math says doing the regular rental route will get me 24 weekends for the cost of a trailer (a real one). That's realistically 1.5-2yrs before break even. U-Haul takes the cake here. Means I'll be doing Friday night loading and Saturday afternoon unloading, but the cash flow vs. outlay is worth it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I have had problems with my right eye when I get anerobic. It just stops working. It seems I am going blind. I cannot imagine being blind. I read a lot. Riding with one eye is problematic.
Have you seen a doc about this?

I have been going through some eye crap (right eye, seeing black splotches/floaties). After much investigation it's too much pressure in the noggin messing with the optic nerve.

I'd get tunnel vision and stuff too.

Definitely see a doc.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Have you seen a doc about this?

I have been going through some eye crap (right eye, seeing black splotches/floaties). After much investigation it's too much pressure in the noggin messing with the optic nerve.

I'd get tunnel vision and stuff too.

Definitely see a doc.
I have.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I know it’s cool to hate rich people and all, but as a modern supercar that has to pass emissions and also likely has triple digit mileage, I doubt the McLaren did as much damage as you’re giving it credit for. Now, the owners likely private flight out of Fl to a less methy/huricaney state? That may have had something to do with climate change…
This individual car or flight is not the problem. Of course not; no one device, power station, economy etc is ‘the problem’.
That is a one dimensional way of looking at things.

It is however a very representative symbol of poorly regulated, unaccountable and uncaring conspicuous consumption culture that is quite blatantly destroying our collective future.

Florida now, and the graphic evidence of what capitalist culture has done is hopefully a fantastic fable for people about a whole range of terrible behaviours we need to stop yesterday.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good call. Quick math says doing the regular rental route will get me 24 weekends for the cost of a trailer (a real one). That's realistically 1.5-2yrs before break even. U-Haul takes the cake here. Means I'll be doing Friday night loading and Saturday afternoon unloading, but the cash flow vs. outlay is worth it.
keep your eyes open, uhaul does sell trucks and trailers from time to time.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
The gladiator does have a significant difference in turning radius versus my wrangler. For some of the switchbacks below the waterfall, I had to make 3-4 point turns where the 4-door wrangler would have been a 1-2 point turn, but the longer wheelbase performs significantly better on obstacles and stairs

View attachment 182530
Nice, never ran it myself, but I know most people either fuck on on the staircase (lack of skills) or the switchbacks (lack of attention). It's a damn cool trail, that's for sure.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Nice, never ran it myself, but I know most people either fuck on on the staircase (lack of skills) or the switchbacks (lack of attention). It's a damn cool trail, that's for sure.
It isn't very technical, but considering the repercussions of a mistake, I think it deserves the rating. That and most folks don't have a lifetime of rock crawling experience to tackle some of the obstacles and end up rolling. Simple things like positioning your rig before the obstacle to hit the obstacle square so all tires are on the ground rather than hitting it crossed up.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It isn't very technical, but considering the repercussions of a mistake, I think it deserves the rating. That and most folks don't have a lifetime of rock crawling experience to tackle some of the obstacles and end up rolling. Simple things like positioning your rig before the obstacle to hit the obstacle square so all tires are on the ground rather than hitting it crossed up.
Do you get that sort of experience by rolling a few times?

:D

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
i lived in T-Ride for a few years in the early ‘90s. The riding we did was BRUTAL.

If I lived there now a long range e-bike would be a mandatory purchase to turn all of those nearly impossible high altitude mining roads into FUN.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Seems there is a fatal mishap on black bear and Imogene at least once a year and looking into the cause it is always some driver error or lack of experience that causes the issues. I do believe the last major fatal was a dude who "thought" he set the E brake but sent his rig with his ole lady and dog over the edge.