Quantcast

️️‍happy Friday you apes️

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Up early. Slept like shit: wife all mopey and mad at me last night for trivial things (she’s sad in general because kid 3 is harder to spawn than 1 and 2 since we are old, so her response is to get mad at me for things like opening the mail before sitting down at the dinner table), Yuna up twice overnight, once with a fever that was no doubt the cause for both episodes, and now my brain decided to wake up in its own version of Fuck You Friday.

On the upside I have an 8-9 meeting but other than that am not on service, so will chill the rest of the day at home before driving to Breckenridge this evening.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Slept like a brick last night.. we went out for mexican food which led to a 45 minute spin session on the trainer to burn it off followed by a hot shower. something tells me my route is going to get slammed today.

32* and windy this morning. Espresso and oatmeal seems like a reasonable way to get things started

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Went back from Berlin on a work trip on Sunday, bought tickets for Berlin to go in my own time today. Damn that's a fun city. Too bad it's cold so most of mellowpark is open and I suck in riding indoor parks.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Another warm day here in NC...completely upping the chances we'll get a massive snowstorm somewhere in late March just when we're all wearing shorts again.

I'm overwhelmed at work. The majority of us here are - they take the amount of projects that one human can possibly handle in one month, and then double that number. Nobody dares not complain for fear of being immediately replaced. The cycle continues, and we all walk around the office like zombies. My 18-year old self would kick me square in the grapes for my life choices...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Supposed to drop a bunch more inches of the white stuff this afternoon during rush hour period. News reports from yesterday suggested a shitshow during the evening commute due to the heavy snow fall near us. Watch out on that drive @Toshi

Riding yesterday afternoon was ~50 minutes to do a 3 mile loop as speeds were so low in the fresh deep snow, but we had a blast.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
rust never sleeps...

looking to get radiohead tickets again for the first night...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

I found out yesterday that I'm not alone in my pure, unadulterated hatred for someone here at work who is an insufferable, condescending, holier-than-thou cunt. It was nice to have someone to commiserate with.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I've been hearing this from a lot of people lately. :think:
Go visit before all the punchable startup people fleeing London overflow it. It's like New York but safer, MUCH cheaper and more punk (or however you define counterculture). You get 3 day non stop raves that serve Ice-cream at 3 o clock, great food, amazing breweries, great regular fancy culture and a huge variety of people from eco freaks living on Kombucha and and Kale to 5 story brothels and drugs on demand. Add to that a strong coffee scene (Though honestly Warsaw is the best coffee city in Europe right now just because everyone cares). Also if you are into art then this is the city to be. Plus contrary to popular belief German Girls are not bad looking.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
@StiHacka hit me up if you decide to go one day. I know a few locals. Cooks, bloggers, coffee roasters etc so I can give you some suggestions depending on what you want to do there. Be it a mellow trip or doing something crazy. I'm going with GF and friends so probably some speakeasies, some food and art (there is this great bunker run by art collectors) and maybe finding one really stupid party.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello! Here comes the warm temperatures and rain again.

This week has been fuckin' crazy. We are elbows deep in upgrading our ERP system to a more less ancient version and in the same swoop moving from ye 'ole server 2003. And there is no easy way to automate removing the old software and install the new version on our client computers, so guess what I get to do Sunday afternoon?! Hit the shed and manually change them. I've told everyone to leave their computers on over the weekend, whoever doesn't follow that instruction is going right to the bottom of the totem pole for support on Monday.

Anyways, hell yeah its beering Friday. Will go for a mud hike tonight or maybe a donkey bike ride if the temperature isn't hovering around freezing.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
@StiHacka hit me up if you decide to go one day. I know a few locals. Cooks, bloggers, coffee roasters etc so I can give you some suggestions depending on what you want to do there. Be it a mellow trip or doing something crazy. I'm going with GF and friends so probably some speakeasies, some food and art (there is this great bunker run by art collectors) and maybe finding one really stupid party.
Thank you for the offer. I haven't been to yurp for 4 years and when I go, I'll likely feel guilty if I won't be spending 100% of my time with my family but I'll hit you up if the opportunity arises!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Had to wake up early to feed Hannah because Wifey had a super early morning work event. Planning on taking Haley skiing tomorrow, so off to the ski shop today for the cheapest rental possible.

Still putting together a new budget going forward factoring daycare. Wifey was not happy with the extent of what she saw when she came home last night. I don't think it will get better.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Thank you for the offer. I haven't been to yurp for 4 years and when I go, I'll likely feel guilty if I won't be spending 100% of my time with my family but I'll hit you up if the opportunity arises!
Sure. There are some fun spots for families too. While Berlin is the best for single people or at least people who can drag their friends around the city there are still awesome spots for families. It's best to go in the summer since some stuff is only open then.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Internet went out right before I was about to start work this morning.

Browsing on my phone it is then.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE WINGDINGS, YOU HACK?!?!?

:wave:

Oh god, my legs.......
Hey Ski monkeys, any preferences on a backcountry beacon? I guess this is the direction my skiing is taking.

Woman-childs 10th birthday party tonight. Imma need another espresso.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Mirkwood :drool:

I have a BCA 2 as a spare. Just sayin' ....
First time i've ever skied it. Giggled like a school girl. Powder was waist deep, but sweet baby Jesus does that hike suck. Very next lift I rode with ski patrol. He said beacons weren't "required", but were "highly recommended". He said "highly recommended" in a way that seemed "required". Since I was by myself yesterday, I opted to not do it again. Though, I also asked him why Curecanti was closed and he said it was supposed to be open. I said "sign says it's closed". He told me if I wanted, to ski over, flip the sign and to take first run. So I did, and it was rad.

Tell me more about your intentions with this beacon.....

edit: I really want to pony up for a day of cat skiing.....

Last edited:

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Arizona is going through another hissy fit. Its been cold all week, rode this morning started at 38 Freedom units. Trails were saturated with water, but not enough to be muddy, just nice and sticky. Cows have been stomping all over the trails though creating decent sized holes... jerks.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
First time i've ever skied it. Giggled like a school girl. Powder was waist deep, but sweet baby Jesus does that hike suck. Very next lift I rode with ski patrol. He said beacons weren't "required", but were "highly recommended". He said "highly recommended" in a way that seemed "required". Since I was by myself yesterday, I opted to not do it again. Though, I also asked him why Curecanti was closed and he said it was supposed to be open. I said "sign says it's closed". He told me if I wanted, to ski over, flip the sign and to take first run. So I did, and it was rad.

"highly recommended" makes the body recovery easier.
"highly recommended" = makes body recovery easier? :dead:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

edit: I really want to pony up for a day of cat skiing.....
I have a friend from College who lives in Boulder and does TONS of backcountry / off piste riding. I can ask her about beacons if you want. She and some of her friends just ponied up for a day of heli riding a few weeks ago.