Quantcast

03 bullit, will it hold....

Evolution

Chimp
Nov 5, 2004
I have a 03 bullit on its way. Its used, the person I bought it off of said it would have NO trouble holding my 03 monster (200mm) the web site says only 178mm? what do you think? anyone out there have this combo? Let me know b4 I have to go and pick up this bike. I dont like to be mis-informed when I am buying something. MAkes me feel like I got ripped off. Thanks guys Pallister1@hotmail.com

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
I think I remember reading on SC's web page somewhere, either in the general info, or the warranty section that 02's and newer can take up to an 8" (~205mm) fork w/out voiding the warranty.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
it might be a little raked out when you put it on but that is easily fixed with moving the upper and lower crown down on the stanchions more. so its nothing to worry bout man.

B_LOWrider

Monkey
Aug 18, 2004
Santa cruz
i run a shiver(200mm if you didnt already know) on my bullit and its fine. It really not raked out i assume a moster would be fine.

B

bigkonarider

I have run a 7" Monster on my Bullet & Now Shiver..
Not once did i ever think it was Too much fork..
I also run a 24" rear wheel for extra rake !!
I know of lot's older 6" Bullets that had Monsters on them W/O the extra gusseting on the older frames- & they Never cracked I think you can see in the original Superheros vids,etc also.!
Bullets rule !A perfect bike !

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^^

I run an '03 Shiver on my Bullit as well, and like ya said - no problems...That being said, I *think* the Monsters are a little taller than the Shivers...In fact, my Shiver was almost the exact same height as my old 7" Boxxer...Regardless, I don't see it being a big issue...Before I got my Shiver, I was thinking about going with an 888, but I didn't want to deal with the GoRide / Risse crowns to lower the effective fork height if I thought it was too tall...Well, that and the Shivers I rode on felt smooth as Carmen Electra's ass dipped in Slick Honey (i.e. pretty damn smooth)...And speaking of Shivers, I was under the impression that they had 190 mm of travel, not 200 mm...But hey, I'll take the extra 10 mm...Plus, it sounds cooler :D

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
the reason santa cruz's website says 178mm and not 200mm for the biggest fork travel captibul for the bullit is because it changes the geometry of the bike. it is mainly a reccomendation for the bike.

i have a bigger rear shock then they reccomend, so i have 8in of travle in the rear and santa cruz mtb said i would not have to worrie about breaking a bullit because they said it will not happen.

so put the monster on

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
I just went from a Super T Pro to a 888RC, 200mm. I can still ride it uphill with no problems.... better on the DH! It doesn't change a whole lot, but you do need to get used to it.