Quantcast

'04 Dhi chainguide questions

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
Hi,

Just bought a new (to me) '04 Dhi and am in a bit of a dilemma. It comes with the MRP, 5-bolt thang that looks like it's pretty darn specific/custom to that frame. Problem is I just bought a set of middleburn's, new chaingring, and have an evil srs device that I really love and want to use; all 4-bolt.

1. Can I change the spider on the middleburns from 4-bolt to 5-bolt and just use the mrp that way?

2. I'd rather use the evil guard, any one have any success doing this on a Dhi?

Any other thoughts?

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
Cool, thanks for the info. I would really rather use the evil guide fo' sho'. So, I can just buy a new spider to use the existing arms and it should all work fine? Forgive the ignorance of the question. I just really haven't done much wrenching on bikes yet.

Edit: heh, after checking out the link I guess that answered my own question, duh!

Thanks again :)

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
You can only use the "custom" MRP on the DHI, I am about 99% sure of that. The eccentric makes it impossible to get anything else.

I also heard Evil planned to make one to fit, but that it was waaay to expensive to make.

Sorry,

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
stoney98 said:
If you have a 4 bolt e.13 bashguard, you can run it with your cranks. You'd basically be setting up a supercharger kit. just make sure your bash guard is larger themn your inner plate on the MRP. You don't really have any options ohter then the mrp on the dhi.
ya that is what I ran on my DHi when I had it.

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
Hmm, the evil on the outside, the mrp on the inside (sounds off somehow, ;) . Makes sense, I'll give it a shot. I somehow doubt my evil guard is big enough though, the mrp looks huge in comparison. I guess I could always just replace the spider and use the mrp. But the evil guard . . . (looks really good on your old ride Acadian) :thumb:

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
Shoot, gonna have to try that for sure. I just PM'd ya Brian, on a 5-bolt spider. I think I'm gonna give the evil/mrp thang a shot first for sure.

Thanks again guys, much appreciation.