Quantcast

06 Boxxer worldcup motion control problem

Pierluc

Chimp
Nov 17, 2006
I bough a second hand boxxer a while ago and the blue knob on the motion control cartridge wont spin by hand ( have to use a wrench ).
i took off the gate and the blue knob and it doesnt seems to be the problem, so it might be inside the cartridge. I took the cartridge out of the fork, the adjustment is working as it should when i am turning the knob. I didnt remove the shim stack or anything ... yet ... im not really sure how those things works.

I cant send the fork to warranty and i dont want to pay 200$ to get it fixed since im not even using those adjustment.

Anyone know how i could fix it ?

Thx!! :banana:

konaman937

Chimp
Oct 22, 2006
Amarillo Texas
wow man thats really wierd. i just bought a boxxer team and my adjusment knobs all turn extremely easily. i would cal rock shox and ask their mechanics what the deal is?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
same thing happened to mine. the shaft o-ring under the metal top cap pushed out into the slot where the compression adjustment range limiting tab moves - ie, the o-ring is blocking the full range of adjustment. you have to pull both knobs off, then the aluminum top cap (which is reverse threaded) off the plastic cartridge - you'll see the slot i'm talking about underneath. if the o-ring isn't shredded, you can push it back into place, otherwise the cart will have to be dismantled to replace it. the shifted o-ring can also allow oil to splooge out teh top as well...

Pierluc

Chimp
Nov 17, 2006
Sweet wont have to play with it ... the bike shop guy changed his mind and decided to send it for warranty :)