Quantcast

06 Travis Single 150 vs 05 66 RC

rbn14

Chimp
Aug 5, 2005
RNO
If you could get either for the same price which would you choose (and not just because brand, unless you feel they are so similar that brand would make your decision)?

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
If they were the same price, I would get the Zokes in a heartbeat. I personally like feel of a broken in Zokes, and typically the reliability is higher than Manitous. I think the Travis looks great, but it sure seems like there are a lot of postings about people having reliability issues with their Travis. Of course this may be Especulation, but from my experience Manitou doesn't have a very good track record.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
I don't like how tall the 05 66's are, they are 30-40mm longer than the 06's but have the same travel.

BikerBoy28

Monkey
Jul 3, 2006
Bellingham, Wa
Monkeybidnezz said:
If they were the same price, I would get the Zokes in a heartbeat. I personally like feel of a broken in Zokes, and typically the reliability is higher than Manitous. I think the Travis looks great, but it sure seems like there are a lot of postings about people having reliability issues with their Travis. Of course this may be Especulation, but from my experience Manitou doesn't have a very good track record.
My thoughts exactly! I dont like manitou except for the Dorado. So I would buy a 'Zocchi without even thinking about buying a Manitou.