Quantcast

07 specialized - dog turds galore

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I want that first one, the paint job is damn cool. And the Enduro has some cleaan lines, and an interesting direction with the Specialized fork.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
i would rather ride the dual crown all mountain rig than that ugly ass demo.

looks like and emo kid dressed up for the country club.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I like the Demo.

And the argyle's removable, so it would be brown sans stickers.

The tire clearance on the Spec fork sucks but I've heard the damping is incredible, it'd be cool if it had more clearance though.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
specialized tried making their own suspension stuff in the past. never worked out so well. the new fork has everything too close to being a Maverick fork. 25mm hub, adjustable 6-4"s blah blah blah. it'll probably feel like that but with a clunk..

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
wait so we use single crown forks for hucking/dh use and dual crowns for trail riding?

and that first bike is the worst looking thing I have ever seen.

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
its supose to be lighter and stiffer some b.s. specialized marketing crap imo

edit* does any one else think that the totem on the demo look raked out or is it just the H.A.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
bikerpunk98199 said:
its supose to be lighter and stiffer some b.s. specialized marketing crap imo

edit* does any one else think that the totem on the demo look raked out or is it just the H.A.
That's looks really raked out. How much travel does that have? It looks way taller than a Boxer WC 8".

Mountain_Dewd

Monkey
May 30, 2005
whis
mtnbrider said:
That's looks really raked out. How much travel does that have? It looks way taller than a Boxer WC 8".

it is a really tall fork, its 180 mm but is suposed to have the same ride height as a boxxer world cup. Basically its designed for downhill and big travel freeride bikes.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
i'd have to say I like the old top tube on the demos better but oh well. The green/black paint job looks really sic, and once the argyle stickers are taken off the brown has potential too.

I think the Spec marketing wonderboy who came up with this load o' crap should be shot:

"The E150 would provide optimal bump force management, travel and impact matching, unsurpassed steering efficiency, and terrain-specific damping, wrapped in a light-weight package that didn't suffer from pedal interference."

:nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
bent^biker said:
i'd have to say I like the old top tube on the demos better but oh well. The green/black paint job looks really sic, and once the argyle stickers are taken off the brown has potential too.
its not an argyle, the fork on the demo 7 is the totem. the argyle is the new rs dirt jump fork (non-adjustable 100mm pike). the color on the new demo 8s is cool, its candy red

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
arboc! said:
its not an argyle, the fork on the demo 7 is the totem. the argyle is the new rs dirt jump fork (non-adjustable 100mm pike). the color on the new demo 8s is cool, its candy red
argyle is that checkered patter bud

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Why would anyone design a fork brace to pass directly over the top of the tyre like that? Strikes me the only possible outcome is increased crown-axle height and reduced mud clearance. Genius... :rolleyes:

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I think the new bikes are going to be sick. That fork is going to be pretty much a Fox fork, so it should be pretty decent. I know for a lot of the riding I do a 6" dc fork would be tits. I hate how flexy the Talas series is, and the 40 at 6" still weighs almost 7 pounds.

I don't give much of a flying fvck about how a bike looks, I'm not out in the woods to make a fashion statement. The only cool lookin bike is a motocross bike, and all the DH bikes pretty much just try to imitate that look. They're all still pretty awkward. If you want a good looking bike, wait ten more years.

I think the Demo8 has some pretty retarded geo, but the rest of the Specialized line is spot-on, and will be even better for '07.

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
for the new paintjob for the specialized, your going to have a lot of people who think its the coolest paintjob yet, and then a lot of people saying its the ugliest thing they've ever seen

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
I have to admit that I am not crazy about the funky color designs specialized came out with this year, but I do have to give them 2 thumbs up on comming out with a lightweight looooong travel xc/trail bike (or what ever the the new enduro is). I have used my vp-free for xc rides now for over a year and even though it is really too heavy for any long xc rides or climbs, I love the way my bike feels while decending. I have a jacked up lower back and the more sqish I can get out of the rear to soften the impact the better!