Quantcast

07 Specialized Enduro SL COMP. Worth $2100?

JustBike

Chimp
Dec 4, 2006
cali
I've been riding for a while on a cheap bike and still in the great sport of mountain biking. Now it is time to upgrade and I found this 2007 Specialized Enduro SL Comp bike for $2100. Retailed at $2800

Just wanted to hear from those who own this bike or know a lot about it. Is it a good deal?

Thanks for any responses in advance.

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
new? used? stock components?

seriously, think about the level of detail that you would want to know if someone else were asking you the same question. include those details in your post

otherwise you are wasting time

JustBike

Chimp
Dec 4, 2006
cali
new? used? stock components?

seriously, think about the level of detail that you would want to know if someone else were asking you the same question. include those details in your post

otherwise you are wasting time

I'm sorry I'm just a grasshopper. You are right and here are your answers.

Yes it is brand new, already built and ready to take off the lot. Not used. Yes all the components are stock as shown on the www.specialized.com website.

Thanks for helping

JustBike

Chimp
Dec 4, 2006
cali
Great! so that is about wholesale pricing.. I think total will be around $2200-2300 OTD.

Any further input would be great. Thanks

tbcfreerider

Chimp
Mar 25, 2006
glendale,ca
Im A Specialized Dealer And I Think Its One Of The Coolest Bikes Stock For The $... Frame Is So Sweet That All The New Fsr Bikes In 2008 Will Have The Same Frame... Its Very Stiff... No Latteral Flex And Very Balanced.... Im A Big Guy 300lbs And I Rode One A Rep Let Me Barrow... It Was Sweet. Buy It And Love It... We Sell Them For$3000... Its Brown Right?

Jan 29, 2005
do not buy them used, make sure you have a warranty, the suspension has a tendancy to blow up. Specialized is very good about dealing with this, just make sure you don't have to pay for it...

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Im A Specialized Dealer And I Think Its One Of The Coolest Bikes Stock For The $... Frame Is So Sweet That All The New Fsr Bikes In 2008 Will Have The Same Frame... Its Very Stiff... No Latteral Flex And Very Balanced.... Im A Big Guy 300lbs And I Rode One A Rep Let Me Barrow... It Was Sweet. Buy It And Love It... We Sell Them For$3000... Its Brown Right?
To clear things up he meant all new bikes will have the same linkage, not the same frame.

Is this an ebay deal? If so, be careful. If not, and you are picking up the bike in person, then I say go for it. I love mine.

JustBike

Chimp
Dec 4, 2006
cali
Hey guys.. Thanks very much for your input. Very helpful. I didn't really think about the warranty but I'm going to ask them about it. This is an instore price. Not ebay. Can't wait to get it.

TBCFREERIDER... the color of the bike is silver 2007 enduro SL comp

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Hey guys.. Thanks very much for your input. Very helpful. I didn't really think about the warranty but I'm going to ask them about it. This is an instore price. Not ebay. Can't wait to get it.

TBCFREERIDER... the color of the bike is silver 2007 enduro SL comp
I have that exact bike and love it.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
They'll fix the problems of their in-house made suspension. And you will likely have problems. It's typical of any bike company trying to be innovative, you always wind up with bugs in the system. If you can deal with the hassle, Specialized has outstanding customer service. But all the same for most people a 2008 will likely spare you the headaches.

i'm a fan of waiting for close-out bikeys. But not a first year run. My suggestion for a patient soul strapped for cash who wants a new Enduro, buy a 2008 as they release the 2009's.