Quantcast

'07 Talas 36 - Push or buy newer model

Infini IV

Chimp
Jan 1, 2011
Happy New Years all!

I've got a '07 Fox Talas 36 which is due for rebuild as it hasn't been redone since new. I was originally thinking of sending it to Push to get rebuilt, but now have doubts as to whether it is worth it or not. I've only heard good things about Push, but I don't know whether it's worth sticking with this fork. If not, I'm thinking of selling it and getting a newer used Talas 36. This will be going on a new Yeti 575. Thoughts?

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
If the sliding surfaces are good and you haven't had any scary crashes on it I say go for a rebuild. You'll have a fork that's tuned for you instead of just another fork.

jroymcd

Chimp
Aug 31, 2005
So is push just about the best place to get a Fork Rebuilt? I was just looking for info on a rebuild also. Any othe recomendations?

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
I agree with woody. If stanchions are in good condition, just have it rebuilt.

As for where to have it rebuilt, any competent shop will be able to rebuild for significantly less than it would be to get it Push'd (not to knock Push at all.)

You don't mention any damping issues or changes that you'd like to have. If there are none, have a shop do a standard rebuild. Save the $, buy more beer.

jroymcd

Chimp
Aug 31, 2005
Ended up sending mine to push so the could tune the damping. cost 220.

Fox directly said they would do a Factory rebuild for 100.

Im kinda freaking out because right after I placed the order and was going to ship it I noticed a hairline scracth in the stanchion.