Quantcast

'09 boxxer team u turn?

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Has anyone here used a boxxer ride u turn spring in their boxxer team? Are there any special mods or spacers I will need? I just picked up an xfirm ride u turn spring for $12 brand new! Hopefully something works out- i'm going to drop my '08 demo 8 to 7" travel with a shorter shock which should drop the bike and keep the HA the same. I think it'll be a fun freeride/ short travel dh setup.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Guess I'll find out when the u-turn spring shows up. The only thing I found was some dude on pinkbike selling a boxxer u turn spring who said it's possible. Search function still ain't workin' for me :(
I'm thinking this bike will be sweet dh geo, with a short fr travel. Should be kinda neat. Also, somewhat easy to switch back to 8" (for rare whistler trips).

I'm starting to think more and more that geometry, not travel is what allows you to smash over things going very fast. I mean, look at these fast guys with thier suspension all super stiff w/ tons of compression damping. Is it really that different from having shorter travel? Supposedly a high spring rate/ compression setting would resist bottoming to the point of feeling like shorter travel (w/ a high spring rate)?