Quantcast

09 Remedy vs Intense 6.6ss

DaveyIntense

Chimp
Jul 25, 2008
Berwick
Well I took the remedy out for a test ride today bt of climbing bit of trail and a bit of Rough DH, I have to admit that it beat my SS hands down on everything. It felt amazing in the corners and felt so stiff compared to my SS.

Anyone else got any thoughts on these 2? Anyone with the same thought?

partswhore

Chimp
Jan 6, 2008
Interesting, haven't ridden the remedy but on paper they seem to be very similar. The SS is slightly slacker however.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
My roommate has a SS. Has for awhile. I've borrowed it on numerous occasions. I have a pretty decent amount of time on the remedy.

I don't share these thoughts. For a "do everything" bike the remedy, hands down, no questions asked.

The SS feels like a DH bike. Less travel, a little easier to toss about, whip, tight corners, and gets a little sketchier then a full DH bike, but it feels long, low, and slack, and I have no fear coming into a rock garden or blasting a corner or doing a drop as hard or big as I do on my full DH bike. It slows down a little more, but I don't feel limited in any way by the bike.

I'm be willing to hit some decent sized hucks on the remedy, and go fast through rock gardens, but I know I hold back. Its just not as stable and as DH worthy as the SS.

That said, thats relative comfort levels. At this point, I can hop on pretty much any bike and push it as hard as my own. I'm pretty happy jumping on all bikes. The remedy is a fantastic bike no doubt about it, and if I wouldn't feel as comfortable on it as I would on a SS through some gnar, its a slim margin at best. It climbs way better and as an all day pedaler, is a lot better, but the SS definitely edges it out in terms of how confidence inspiring it is.

Confidence aside, the bike is just faster through the rough. Its got better geometry for it, and remains way more stable, and doesn't blow through the travel as easily. That was one of my big problems with the remedy. I can blow the O ring off the shock with 20% sag on the sea otter super D course. You can make it more progressive by doing a shock mod, but its still lacking the travel necessary to really plow through something and hold speed.

I dont know. I'd probably take a remedy over a SS if I was buying a little bike that I wanted to do everything on (in fact, I would absolutely take a remedy over an SS for a "do everything" bike), but when it comes to the gnarly gravity side of things, I give the SS the advantage hands down every time.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Dave:

1/ You are an Intense man
2/ You need to spend more time on our chairlifts!

Why would you want a do-everything bike? ;)

We seeing you this summer?