Quantcast

09 world cup

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Lifted this off canadiancyclist.com but u cant paste links....

2009 Mountain Bike World Cup Calendar Takes Shape

At the end of next week the UCI is planning to announce the schedule for the 2009 World Cup series. While the full details are still under wraps, some information is available at this point:

- The series will consist of eight events for each discipline: cross-country, downhill and 4-cross

- Four of the events will be triples

- The first event of the year will be a triple in South Africa, outside Greg Minnaar's hometown of Pietermaritzburg (near Durban on the east coast)

- The series will start in South Africa, then move to Europe, and on to Canada for triples in Mont Ste Anne and Bromont later in July (similar timing to this year), before heading to Australia for the Worlds

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
The Worlds... Is that in Schladming? Give the medal to Sam in advance and send sponsor-money to charity.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Sam Hill WILL NOT be on syndicate next year. There is no way they have the coin to pay for all those guys and then have Sam come onboard as well.

With Sam's track record and success with getting people to hop on the Sunday band wagon I am pretty sure he can ask/negoitiate a top $$$ salary from his new team. Who knows he may already have something lined up with DW and the new DW bike.

On a side note, the USA needs at least one race again. BRING MT. SNOW back!!!!!!!!!! World Class Naked Crit would be great!!:happydance:
I would also like to see Vail hold the event again.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I would actually like to see a race in the US again too. The tracks look amazing and have the advantage of being dry.

Why the lack of State-side WCs?

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
Isn't that usually a death blow to companies, pick up all the top people run out of money.

Just a thought.
Usually yes, or the riders end up fighting for the spotlight.

On the contrary on Sam NOT being on syndicate and the blab about his salary and what not-- Santa Cruz could get sam and more then make up for the large salary by moving all of the Sam Hill'ites from sundays to V-10's.

But they would actually have to stock the V-10's first...:poster_oops:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I'm just curious, why do you think their bikes are crap?

Poor workmanship and quality when looking at the big picture of buying a semi-boutique bike. The company also sucks pretty darn good too, bad CS, hard to get a hold of, very very bad at being accurate for deliveries and they also do a pretty bad job at fixing mistakes.

I would buy a Santa Cruz bike if I was in a bind and needed a frame, other than that I think they are junk.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
The clock is ticking but several hard working folks are still trying to make a US round happen for 09. No promises of course, but certain people are still thinking progressively and trying their damnedest to make it happen!

-ska todd

Froggy

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
New Fairfield, CT
The clock is ticking but several hard working folks are still trying to make a US round happen for 09. No promises of course, but certain people are still thinking progressively and trying their damnedest to make it happen!

-ska todd
Would one these folks be looking at an east coast event? Just a rumor that has been floating around

DarrylB

Monkey
Jan 16, 2008
the secret loam!
I vote for Whistler to have a WC. Does anyone know why they don't or if they are ever going to try?
Whistler will NEVER hold a WC. Look at the early season schedule. UCI put the two Canadian WC's on the same two weeks of what crackworx was originally scheduled for. forcing crakworx to change dates. UCI also threatened to pull the licence from any UCI licence holder competing at crakworx.
UCI and whistler don't get alog

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
Poor workmanship and quality when looking at the big picture of buying a semi-boutique bike. The company also sucks pretty darn good too, bad CS, hard to get a hold of, very very bad at being accurate for deliveries and they also do a pretty bad job at fixing mistakes.

I would buy a Santa Cruz bike if I was in a bind and needed a frame, other than that I think they are junk.
Fair enough, but I wouldn't agree with the workmanship bit, I have a brand new Blur4X sitting next to me right now and the quality looks very very top notch. I didn't have to go through them for the frame though...

Whistler will NEVER hold a WC. Look at the early season schedule. UCI put the two Canadian WC's on the same two weeks of what crackworx was originally scheduled for. forcing crakworx to change dates. UCI also threatened to pull the licence from any UCI licence holder competing at crakworx.
UCI and whistler don't get alog
WTF! I take it that is why Crankworx is an unsanctioned(SP?) event? It just doesn't make sense to me from a business point of view for UCI to be so stupid with Whistler. It can hold a ridiculous amount of people, the town can handle it, and there is a ton of opportunity for some serious profits.

UCI=Muppets

DarrylB

Monkey
Jan 16, 2008
the secret loam!
WTF! I take it that is why Crankworx is an unsanctioned(SP?) event? It just doesn't make sense to me from a business point of view for UCI to be so stupid with Whistler. It can hold a ridiculous amount of people, the town can handle it, and there is a ton of opportunity for some serious profits.

UCI=Muppets
It's not UCI's fault. Whistler wants nothing to do with any UCI event.