Quantcast

1/3's day s'3/1

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Powerful storm cell whipped through last night,, and we've been without power since 6 pm last night, with the estimated resumption at 9 am today. So now I will casually sit here and relax as my work computer is dead.

Have a good Thursday!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
nice to be home i guess.

got to see younger brother...his salsa is gone....joined yeti cult for half price...looked at his pew pew toys....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
slept like shit as @Adventurous's storm knocked out our power in the middle of the night, and I got anxious about the kids waking up to no night lights or noisemakers. Good thing the big one is a rock star and didn't care. She apparently woke up in the night, grabbed the chemlights I dropped in the hall and went back to bed with them as a night light.

Today is going to drag, I have the feeling.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Coffee absorbed. Slept good, probably part in fact because dinner came from inside the shopping complex on the corner and, had them can a beer to-go. Have not had a beer in a couple months so I slept like a chunk of coal.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Met FT for a beer or three last night, so naturally reverted back to absolute shit sleep. Im exhausted.

Looking forward to seeing 'squeeb's new bike and the death-virus lunch shuttles.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slept like a brick. Espresso and oatmeal consumed. I anticipate the resultant processes to kick in shortly. May take the dogs for a walk before I head off to work

So you folks that are already losing power in storms. Buy a generator already, its going to get worse in the winter

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I don't understand the thread title but I will assume it is today's GMT based on the posts in the thread. I ran a "virtual race" this morning - 6.2 miles at 6:54 pace. Not a hard race effort...I just wanted to run under a 7:00 pace without working too hard. Felt great. This was my first run in probably two months where I felt no pain in my grumpy calf.

So I ran on the high school track and needed to hit the portapotty before the run. The sign on the door clearly read "STUDENTS ONLY." Don't tell anyone but I POOPED ANYWAY. I had to go, man!!

Possible new bike day for me. I am still waiting for Bike Shop Boy to tell me it is ready. I am riding with splat and others Saturday and would really like to have my new bike for that ride.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Dentist for phase one of 2 crowns. Also truck auction ends while I'm in the chair so I will hope for good news when finished.

I had to take a USB external dvd drive to my chiropractor so he could peep my MRI. @Toshi I will send them to you in case you get bored.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
NEW BIKE DAY NEW BIKE DAY!

Socially distanced plague patrol to follow.
#ridemonkeysuperspreaderfest
good for you....brother said he could have gotten one of those....told him he would have waited awhile....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks like something is dragging, that can't be good.

<Edit> also, this is why you use the appropriate springs and not lift blocks with HUGE U bolts. :rofl:
panhard bar. To work well they need to be as parallel to the axle as you can get. So with a big lift you need to significantly lower the body link, which they didn't.

Also why people making real offroaders use something like a triangulated 5 link setup.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good gawd I don't know if I can take working from home anymore. Not really me working from home but everyone else. We seem to have this idea what we need 100% consensus on everything we do. But there is always at least one person who isn't listening, so we have a team of people who seem to agree to something, but at least one person isn't paying attention so the next time the subject comes up someone isn't on the same page so we have the same fucking conversation again, and at least one person doesn't pay attention so it just keeps going and going and going.

We have been having the same rather unimportant argument for 3 months.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I have wagyu hybrid bavette and tasty homemade potatoes au gratin to eat in a bit. Plus I got 30 solid minutes of (post-their-normal-wakeup-time) snuggles from the 5 year old this morning, so I'm basically winning the day

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
On the way to Bromont.

Stopped at a gas station and just watched this guy driving a Mercedes A something or other make a tight turn and plowed the front of the uhaul trailer being towed right into the post next to the gas pump. While stuck i could hear him trying to keep pulling forward. As I'm pulling out of my pump he then almost backs into me twice. Had to get out of the truck and yell at him to use his eyes. His face was just clueless.... fuckin idiot.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i did see a bronco test vehicle blow by me on my way to crested butte on monday....think it was blue....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My bike is ready!! I'm going to get it this afternoon. Now, will I pick it up before Pesqueeb gets his???? I did call my credit card company to give them a heads up about the charge.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Rain stopped and sun came out. Ride night, but have "meet the teacher" night for my boys tonight. An opening appeared in my calendar around lunch, so I took advantage of it. It was a glorious ride.

1602182267421.png

1602182283632.png

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Winner winner chicken dinner. Won for my max bid of $7680. Not the screaming deal I was hoping for, but still $3319 less than the dealers price. I have 7 days to pick it up, the boy is off on Mondays, so hope for that.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My bike is ready!! I'm going to get it this afternoon. Now, will I pick it up before Pesqueeb gets his???? I did call my credit card company to give them a heads up about the charge.
As was already pointed out... @Pesqueeb got his this morning, and we've already done a few hot laps at the local rock garden to shake things out. Bike seems to work real well... even though 'squeeb ignored my destructions to stay on my wheel.

Apex is *really* smashy right now. I approve. :thumb:
So smashy!

Happy bday Jon!!
:cheers:
Happy birthday @MMike !