Quantcast

1 week till Parkfield

special O

Chimp
Dec 5, 2002
Come out to Parkfield to ride bikes and drink beer. XC and Dual on Saturday (oct 16) and DH and STXC on Sunday (oct 17) Flyer and reg form at www.cpslowheelmen.org

If you would like to pre reg but dont have time to mail -- Email me and I will add your info and you can pay when you arrive.

dperkins@calpoly.edu

Hope to see you there!!!

special O

Chimp
Dec 5, 2002
The DH course is a smooth, FAST flowy trail with some G outs, small drops, and steep sections. It is a really fun course! Hopefully some other people who have ridden it can describe it better than I can.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Dylan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2002
San Diego area, California, USA
I might be headin up there.....i said "might" I haven't ridden in ages & a few friends are trying to talk me into heading up.

I hear the DH is fairly mellow, but fun. will a short travel (5") bike work well? ...since my dh rig isn't here yet

also, how's the slalom course??

-D-

special O

Chimp
Dec 5, 2002
a 5" bike will be fine for the DH course. I think sanjay got 2nd last year on a hardtail and most of the fast guys use slalom bikes.
The dual course is pretty cool. Starts with 2 separate courses and merges into 1. Jumps are rollable. Fun to ride.

Big party and pixie racing on saturday night.

Its a real fun atmosphere and you will have a good time.

whoopnar

Monkey
Sep 11, 2004
Chico, CA
Good to know. By the way, what is with the Sunday morning DH practice starting at 6 am and ending at 8 am. Most of the time the Saturday night party doesnt end till like 4 am.

special O

Chimp
Dec 5, 2002
Since alot more people do DH than STXC we try to get it done early as possible so people who aren't doin STXC can leave and those doing STXC can make it home at a decent hour.