Quantcast

10th Annual Chile Fest! Moab, Utah! Prom Night!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Everyone that's been to ChileFest knows that it's 3 days and 2 nights of unbridled mountain biking LOVE. Ride, party, ride, eat, party, ride, eat, party, ride, repeat. This year marks the 10th Annual Chile Fest, and folks it's going to be the LAST ONE EVER. Head out to Moab in February, bring your friends, bring your friends friends, and in the immortal words of MC Hammer - Let's turn this muthah OUT.

Chile Fest 2005 Schedule/Information

When: Presidents Day Weekend, February 18h-20th

Friday: Highway clean-up meets at Chile Pepper 10:00 a.m. Rim Tours will provide shuttles and people should come with bikes and riding gear so that we can ride Soverign Trail when we are done with the clean up. Happy hour at shop followed by a pizza/beer party at Matt Hebbard’s house. Contact Kirstin (260-0042) to help with this dinner party.

Saturday: Mountain bike ride with shuttle to Little Canyon Rim (advanced ride) or Gemini Bridges (easier/beginner ride). Shuttles meet at bottom parking lot of Gemini Bridges @ 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. There are no shuttles from town or back to town. People must get themselves to the lower parking lot and/or back to Moab after the ride!!!!!!!

Please note that breakfast items (burritos, egg sandwiches, coffee, juice) will be available for $5.00 at the Gemini Bridges lower parking lot prior to the ride shuttle! Let people know when they call! Food provided by Fat City Catering.

Open house/happy hour at Chile Pepper from 12-5 and there will be snack food and drinks served at the shop all day (i.e.; beer, chips & salsa, etc.). Shop closes at 5:00 p.m.

Buffet Dinner at the Gravel Pit Lanes provided by Fat City from 5:00-7:00 p.m.

Costume party at Gravel Pit Lanes from 8:00 p.m. to midnight. This year’s theme is “Prom Night”. Music by DJ Bob Owen and there is a cash bar—no free alcohol of any kind at this party! There will be a draft beer special price not to exceed $2.00 per glass.

Raffle of cool stuff at the bowling alley around 9:00 p.m. How about some bowling competition?

Sunday: New! Road ride will meet at Chile Pepper at 12.00 Noon. Rim Tours will provide shuttles (if needed). The ride location will be determined by group size and weather but most likely Arches, Potash, or Deadhorse State Park.

Additional Information

Lodging: The Adventure Inn, located next door, has single rooms for $29.95 and double rooms for $39.95. These rates are half price and we should refer all inquiries to Kris and Jim @ 435-259-6122 and/or 259-3597.

Cost: $10.00 covers the shuttle(s), pint glass, 5 raffle tickets, dinner at Gravel Pit Lanes, and a contribution to the Fat Tire Festival.

The costume party at Gravel Pit Lanes is free if a person doesn’t want to have any food or raffle tickets! Bowling will also is available for those who want (not free).

http://www.chilepepperbikeshop.com/

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Why? :confused:

I have one of their pint glasses in my cupboard! :thumb:

-S.S.-
From what I hear, they just think that 10 years is long enough - quit while they're ahead and it's still a cool event rather than run the risk of it becoming UNcool. Don't worry though, something bigger and better-like is in the works (or so I'd be guessing, if I were a guessing man...)