Quantcast

'11 boxxer dropstop bumper

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
i cant find a picture of it, but the last time i rebuilt my fork i noticed that the top 1/4 of the red bumper was split and pieces everywhere ( some weird bouncy ball type of material )

worth it to buy a new one? i dont really notice a problem; not sure if the dropstop helps the progressive ramp up of the fork near the end of the travel

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
It is just a piece of elastomer. IIRC drop stop system allows You to adjust the position of the elastomer - very simple bottom out control. Some people ride without that thing at all, because it was too hard for them to achieve full travel with that thing inside the fork.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
A lot of people cut theirs in half because the 2011 boxxer is so shitty. If you want, I can pull the elastomer out of my quadra 5 for you, because it's literally the same thing; rockshox thought putting the internals of a 25 year old fork inside a top level dh product was a good idea.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
A lot of people cut theirs in half because the 2011 boxxer is so shitty. If you want, I can pull the elastomer out of my quadra 5 for you, because it's literally the same thing; rockshox thought putting the internals of a 25 year old fork inside a top level dh product was a good idea.
super plasticy in there.. and im no engineer, but it seems like a stupid design that has a plastic shaped spear going into that bouncy ball type shit for bottom out control

The best way to deal with the drop stop system on those forks:

1. Drop fork in trash
2. Stop thinking that fork is a viable mountain bike component
ehh trust me, with the usual winter itch, i have been looking at 40s.. but i cant find a big enough complaint to get a new fork... the charger swap was tits

I would install gold stanchions.
inb4 new kashima spray paint standards

Jae Yoon

Chimp
Jan 2, 2017
It is just a piece of elastomer. IIRC drop stop system allows You to adjust the position of the elastomer - very simple bottom out control. Some people ride without that thing at all, because it was too hard for them to achieve full travel with that thing inside the fork.
Hi there I have an old 1997 RS Judy and need to replace the elastomers but have not had much luck but I ran into the drop stop elastomer which I think may work. Do you know the outer diameter of the bumper and if it can be used to replace elastomers?