Quantcast

11 week anniversary:broken arm update

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well it will be 11 weeks since i broke my arm this evening. the good news is that the pain is starting to subside and i am in a removeable splint/cast that does not restrict my elbow movement anymore.the better news is that i took my turner xce out on some smooth back roads around my house my house and did about 4 miles.it felt sooooooooo good to be on a bike again and have my legs moving in a circle again!i can now straighten my arm out and that is cool.hopefully i will start therapy to get my wrist moving again next month. it will still be a few more months before im riding trails and even longer before i will be riding urban and free ride stuff again but hey, any progress is good progress. :blah:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Congrats... Progress is good

hey man if you still have my number get in touch when you come up here. i think also scott (boombatz) might try to come up so you might wanna contact him as well. i can at least drink beer with you gys one night if you come to asheville.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
hey man if you still have my number get in touch when you come up here. i think also scott (boombatz) might try to come up so you might wanna contact him as well. i can at least drink beer with you gys one night if you come to asheville.
Oh don't worry I will :evil:

. August 21-24 I will be there and then heading to SnowShoe... I will also be with a much smaller group so getting around will be easier.

mmmm Beer

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
biggins said:
Congrats on the progress man
Asheville? :thumb: Cool beans man. I hear all types of good things about Asheville. I been to NC once, and loved it.
Damn, I'm bringin my banjer mang. Ashevill is the place for old tyme music man.

Knuckle

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Knuckleslammer said:
Congrats on the progress man
Asheville? :thumb: Cool beans man. I hear all types of good things about Asheville. I been to NC once, and loved it.
Damn, I'm bringin my banjer mang. Ashevill is the place for old tyme music man.

Knuckle
are you a banjo picker?i play bluegrass bamjo as well as old time clawhammer style. also some mandolin and guitar. i love western nc its so steeped in history and music.it would be hard to leave here ever.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
DAYUM dood. I play clawhammer exclusively. For a long time now. Got 4 banjers. I can't do the 3 finger style, but I can pick just like Frank Lee, if you know him. Not as good as him, but damn close. I have my banjers builded by Mike Ramsey in Appomattox, VA
Mike is awesome.
I also have a bart reiter which is flawless. Mike's banjos are ok and sound mint, but he's not the craftsman that bart is

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
are you a banjo picker?i play bluegrass bamjo as well as old time clawhammer style. also some mandolin and guitar.
And to think.... I thought you were kidding when I called and you said you were on your way to a Banjo lesson. :D :oink:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Knuckleslammer said:
DAYUM dood. I play clawhammer exclusively. For a long time now. Got 4 banjers. I can't do the 3 finger style, but I can pick just like Frank Lee, if you know him. Not as good as him, but damn close. I have my banjers builded by Mike Ramsey in Appomattox, VA
Mike is awesome.
I also have a bart reiter which is flawless. Mike's banjos are ok and sound mint, but he's not the craftsman that bart is

damn thats a nice stable of banjos!i am actually using a washburn b-16 (resonator) cause i started out playing 3-finger. took an old time class with a guy named wayne erbsen and was hooked.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
biggins said:
damn thats a nice stable of banjos!i am actually using a washburn b-16 (resonator) cause i started out playing 3-finger. took an old time class with a guy named wayne erbsen and was hooked.
Thanks mang. I ordered a gibson earl scruggs a couple years back and just couldn't play the 3 finger style. I can play anything with strings too. Just not 3 finger. Well I'm awesome at the claw, so I do that. Plus, nobody up here plays claw, so it's a real hoot when peeps see you playing that way and hear the music and are like WTF?
I loved the Gibson, but those are way over rated. The thing was like $2500 and had scratches on it, glue oozing out of the fretboard, black paint spot on the headstock underside. Piece of garbage as far as I'm concerned. That's what I get ordering off the net. Hey you ever hear of Doc Watson? Heard he lives around Asheville. Man I love the smokey mountains area. I'd kill to live down there man. Your lucky.

Knuckle

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
oh yeah ive heard of/met doc. the merle fest happens evry year here. an old time mountain music festival in remembrance of merle watson.
i can go out every night of the week and find either a bluegrass/old time band or jam.

corey you did not go to flagbrew and see my buddy gordon when you were in flagstaff.im dissappointed in your performance.lol.
did you see the new issue of 26?