Quantcast

1111 April, fools! 1111

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Got to drop my kid off at school, so I am going to be late for work.

Also, believe nothing today, like my parts will be delivered today

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Holiday here in DK. Weather turned to be windy and cold. Payed treesaw for awesome beanies. Did ride the last two days, so my legs are not really feeling like another one today although my brain wants to.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Turns out I know a screen printer. anyone interested in rm t shirts?
Sold a bunch of crap last night so I might dig up more crap to sell.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
hey lol. Godzilla vs Kong was the glorious over the top mayhem that I was hoping it would be.

ETA - I was happy there is a clear cut winner in this battle, and the filmmakers didn't try to be cute and make it some sort of tie.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

It is indeed April, and I am indeed a fool. One who is tired of the plethora of lame jokes that will certainly pervade my online browsing today.

At least the local trails, lame as they may be, are no longer under their month of March bicycle closure. Should provide an avenue to pedal without having to drive 30 minutes somewhere.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Rain usually wets the top of things. Perhaps it was more like one of these situations.

I guess that would make sense if it were stacked vertically and sandwiched between other boxes. Thank you for the correction O innernet officer of righteousness.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
One bike back together. Somehow even after taking the derailleur off, replacing the cable and twisting the barrel adjuster in a bunch, the shifting was pretty much perfect when it all went back on. :confused:

One more bike to put back together. Hoping I can get up and do it without issue early tomorrow, so we can go hit some fresh dry dirt in the afternoon.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
i did not want to get up today. Making Falafel ball from scratch . Soaking the dried chickpeas since yesterday. Will do the food processor add the spices after work. If I get the Tahini sauce done Falafels for dinner, if not then Friday night

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Slept in a bit. Got a fog lamp and tie rod installed last night. Goal is ball joints tonight. Now? Coffee, work.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It's fucking snowing. Not much, but descending white crap. :rant:
Same. It was fluttering down a bit when I left the house this morning. Below freezing today.

Also passed a dump truck on the freeway, whose rear end was caked in a thick layer of snow. It must have come from up north, can only imagine whats going on out there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
cane creek wins april fools:

"Disclaimer: Welding just like mountain biking is inherently dangerous. Failure to properly weld may result in injury then death. The durability, strength, appearance, and compatibility of eeWings DIY cranks will vary greatly depending on welding experience, patience, and tools available. Side effects of impersonating an expert welder include but are not limited to 1st thru 3rd degree burns, fire, oxygen deprivation, trouble breathing, Loss of eyesight, blindness, and difficulty seeing. Be sure to protect yourself from yourself. Cane Creek is not responsible or liable for any eeWings DIY customer dissatisfaction – this one is on you. Instructions are sold separately but are currently unavailable. Ask your local bike shop if eeWings DIY are right for you… If you don’t have a proper or accurate source of information on bicycle products, consult the comment section on Pinkbike.com. "

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ah, it rained here in the Sacred Valley all night, unsure if a ride will happen today.
So lots of nothing here in an insanely beautiful casa.
Could be worse, I guess.
We are going to teach my 13 YO to drive a standard with a Hilux we have here, should be fun!
he’s psyched.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
cane creek wins april fools:

"Disclaimer: Welding just like mountain biking is inherently dangerous. Failure to properly weld may result in injury then death. The durability, strength, appearance, and compatibility of eeWings DIY cranks will vary greatly depending on welding experience, patience, and tools available. Side effects of impersonating an expert welder include but are not limited to 1st thru 3rd degree burns, fire, oxygen deprivation, trouble breathing, Loss of eyesight, blindness, and difficulty seeing. Be sure to protect yourself from yourself. Cane Creek is not responsible or liable for any eeWings DIY customer dissatisfaction – this one is on you. Instructions are sold separately but are currently unavailable. Ask your local bike shop if eeWings DIY are right for you… If you don’t have a proper or accurate source of information on bicycle products, consult the comment section on Pinkbike.com. "
I think the mtb-news.de one making fun of the CLLCTV is pretty good. Might not work for non-native speakers.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Going to put in some Matlab time today since not skiing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I thought you were swapping in a different steering rack?
I've been on the fence about it. If I change the rack I will need to pull the traction control fuse and Wifey might have some issues with that. There are braces for tighten up the steering column itself to get ride of steering wheel slop, soni might just got that route for now. It will keep a slower steering ratio, but at least make things stiffer. I can also throw poly bushings on to the rack as well.

I need new tie rod ends because one is bent, so I was doing that no matter what. Lowering a strut suspension will fuck up the bump-stop and roll point. These specific tieand the ball joints are for lowered cars with a taller pivot(?) to correct for that.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Just found out I'm giving a brief virtual presentation/equipment demo for our new CEO early next week. It was suggested I wear a long sleeve shirt for that one.

Anyone got a RM jersey?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just found out I'm giving a brief virtual presentation/equipment demo for our new CEO early next week. It was suggested I wear a long sleeve shirt for that one.

Anyone got a RM jersey?
I was just on a conference call with my client and one person asked for everyone to turn on cameras at the start as she's not seen me for over a year. Awkward when I'm still sitting there in a bath robe :D