Quantcast

12/1 WIM Update - Seasons' Passes?

Holiday Greetings Mountain Bikers!

Aside from the announcements we have already made about the 2005 WIM Series, there are some other new things we wanted to tell you about. Also, SEASON PASSES are now on sale. Please check our website, http://www.roundandround.com for more details on how to get one.

Let’s start with the Downhill world. While we would like to take the credit for these great ideas, we have to give it up to a group of Downhillers that I met with in early October. First, we are turning the start order upside down. This means beginners will go first and Pro/Experts will bring up the rear. This way beginners will have a better course to race on, and the Pro/Experts will have a crowd at the bottom to cheer them on as they make their way through the finish. Next: DH practice. We have been over and over this one. There are so many factors that play into getting rid of the shuttle lines. There is much more to it than just getting another truck or two. But a solution that will work is splitting up the practice times. Example: if practice is 2 to 6, Beginner/Sports practice 2 to 4 and then the Pro/Experts 4 to 6. This should not give anybody more or less practice time, but rather add quality to your practice. Beginners won’t be getting run over by Pros etc.

Good news for the Junior racers. From this point forward, ALL racers aged 18 and under will pay the same!! XC Juniors will pay $19.00 and DH juniors will pay $21.00 per race. No explanation needed for that one!

XC racers, not a whole lot of changes for you. However we have added a category. Or an enhancement. Let’s call it an enhancement. To take the intimidation factor out of the picture for those who have never raced before we have created a spot for “First Timers.” A First Timer will only be allowed to compete as a First Timer, against other First Timers...once. After they have raced their first race, they will fall in with the rest of the beginners. This group will follow our Beginners out on the course. And we’ll discount the entry fee and only charge $25.00.

Last but not least, did we mention SEASON PASSES are now on sale? A great gift idea for yourself or a stocking stuffer for someone else. And a good way to save some cash in the long run if you plan on racing the entire series.

In regards to NORBA Licenses, yes the annual license fee did go up to $60.00 and are required for Experts and Pros. One day licenses will remain $5.00, contrary to any rumors of the one day fee going up.

We truly hope that each and every one of you has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Keep warm and safe and enjoy all the wonderful things that the holiday season brings.

Until next time,

The crew at Round and Round!
-- Eric Ewing

Round and Round Productions
www.roundandround.com

509-455-7657
I wonder how much the DH seasons' pass will be?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Is it a norba rule that experts have to hold an annual license? I see only making one wim and MAYBE, (a big MAYBE )the nat... so 30 bucks extra on top of those fees?? Hm,.... only if the oregon series goes Norba do i plan to buy the yearly deal.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Is it a norba rule that experts have to hold an annual license? I see only making one wim and MAYBE, (a big MAYBE )the nat... so 30 bucks extra on top of those fees?? Hm,.... only if the oregon series goes Norba do i plan to buy the yearly deal.
Yes, it's a NORBA rule that Experts and up have to have an annual license.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Snacks said:
Yes, it's a NORBA rule that Experts and up have to have an annual license.
WHY? Thats dumb. im either racing sport or just not attending WIM's.

I should find out if the oregon series is going norba. They should know soon right?

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
I don't think I will be purchasing a season pass this year with WIM. I have in the past 3 seasons because it does make it convenient, and you get a killer number all season(#1). But after wadding it up in Whistler this past summer, I lost out on almost half the races and you don't get a refund if you can't attend. And not to mention the whole 3 race thing and with there being so many better options for us as NW racers (Oregon, and B.C.). It's nothing personal against WIM, I just think there are other series with our better interests in mind.
I will be doing some different things this season for results and exposure. I may do a WIM or two if people go. We'll see.

What up' Johnny and Oly!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
holliswood said:
I don't think I will be purchasing a season pass this year with WIM. I have in the past 3 seasons because it does make it convenient, and you get a killer number all season(#1). But after wadding it up in Whistler this past summer, I lost out on almost half the races and you don't get a refund if you can't attend. And not to mention the whole 3 race thing and with there being so many better options for us as NW racers (Oregon, and B.C.). It's nothing personal against WIM, I just think there are other series with our better interests in mind.
I will be doing some different things this season for results and exposure. I may do a WIM or two if people go. We'll see.

What up' Johnny and Oly!
Yo! Maybe we can caravan to canada and oregon? I e-mailed the oregon promoter to ask if they were still trying to get NORBA. If i go to spokane maybe i can viddy and take photos.......

holliswood said:

What up' Johnny and Oly!
WIM is looking less and less compelling this year - D did the cost breakdown and its gonna cost us at least twice as much to do a WIM race vs. an OBRA race... So it looks like we may have a Westside caravan down to Oregon and up to BC.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
ChainWhip said:
WIM is looking less and less compelling this year - D did the cost breakdown and its gonna cost us at least twice as much to do a WIM race vs. an OBRA race... So it looks like we may have a Westside caravan down to Oregon and up to BC.
I am always up for the caravan thing. We have a great bunch of people up in our area and if we travel or just split room costs it makes things alot cheaper. Less money spent per race= more races I get to go to!