Quantcast

12/12/2007 Iowa Republican Debate

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
I didn't watch this one yet, but I got it on the DVR.

What is interesting is that even ABC News suggests that Ron Paul was a top performer in the debate... Oh, and Huckabee too.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/Story?id=3990796&page=1
Winners:
Mike Huckabee: Nothing happened to slow his momentum, and plenty happened to suggest that it will continue.
Ron Paul: Loved the focus on questions of national debt, the Constitution and an overreaching federal government.
Anyone watch it?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
saw bits of it on cspan last night. VERY weak debate, moderator sucked. At least Fred broke her down over the show of hands as an answer. a focus group they had the lines thing hooked up to went for Romney. The parts I saw, Ron did do very well, he seemed less, ummm, uhhh, no offense Rick, loony uncleish. But Alan Keyes stepped right in and played the i'm crazy and I'm Black (tm) card.
Rudy STILL thinks NYC is America.

Short answer...blah. Nothing new.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
At least Fred broke her down over the show of hands as an answer
ya, horrors for candidates having to give a yes/no answer instead of a 30 second "response" that doesn't actually answer the question. i've been prohibited from watching the debates (either side) since after about 4 1/2 minutes I start jumping up and down screaming "JUST ANSWER THE FVCKING QUESTION!!!!" :banghead:

Moderator: Mayor Giuliani, do you like flowers?
MG: You know, Mod, this just brings up a point that I was making to Susie Heartland the other day about ethanol and how it can be used to replace 40m barrels of oil per day, and how Susie's husband works on a farm as a legal farmhand and is in danger of losing his job to illegal migrant workers.
<applause>
MG: Oh, and 9/11.
<huge applause>
Moderator: Governor Mitt Romney, same question?
MR: Thank you, Mod, that is an excellent question. However, I believe that not all things were created by God solely for our pleasures. Take marijuana for example, which is, in effect, a flower, and yet it is a drug which has plagued our country for the past hundred years, and which I plan on eradicating from this earth.
<huge applause>

immediately following the debate, Romney's camp put out a statement that that was an unfair question since marijuana is not *technically* a flower, and that he should never have been asked that.

immediately following the statement, conservative pundits blame the liberal media and the biased moderator, who only chose that question "because of Romney's faith, and the continuing war on Christianity".

(replace "flowers" with "ponies" and you have the Democratic debate.... :disgust:)