Quantcast

12-16" of Snow. 3 Grocery store items?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
We are getting between 12-16" of snow starting midnight tonight through Sunday morning. I unfortunately sold my 4x4 and now have a car not suitable for driving in the snow. So I'll more than likely be stuck in the house for over 24 hours. I'm going to hit up the grocery store after closing up the shop tonight. Rather than picking up the cliche milk, bread and TP I'm looking for suggestions. The monkey that names the 3 best grocery store items to pick up tonight gets rep. (Alcohol is always acceptable)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I wish we would get 12-16.
:rant:

..and you dont have to have a 4x4 to drive in snow. I drive my rwd volvo all winter & have never been stuck.

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
Hey MD buddy

and OH CRAP, I ran out of TP this morning. You guys better not stock pile it all, I actually need it. :mad:

Here is your list:
-Dogfishhead 60 Min
-Dogfishhead 90 Min
-Dogfishhead 120 Min

If you can get it, I suggest tums or pepto as a side dish.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Some top round steak, sharp provolone cheese, and a loaf of crusty french bread. I am assuming you have some onion or a jar of peppers around the house....

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
so you live in an area that it snows every year but you sold your vehicle that can drive in it?:think:
I went from a vehicle that got 12mpg to one that averages 30-34mpgs. I'm saving 100-150 dollars a month in gas. I probably could drive it in the snow if I didn't have my race springs on it right now, it's sitting far too low.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
beer (double IPA, preferrably)
ground beef or turkey (lots of stuff you can make with that)
big bag of tortilla chips

I've given that some serious thought, too.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Ummmm, 20-40 bucks... Didn't get a very big xmas bonus this year and I just spontaneously bought a Yeti 575. :rolleyes:
for your budget, I wouldn't limit yourself to 3 items unless they are big ticket (for a grocery store) items & use coupons if ya got em!

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
4 feet of snow won't even stop me from driving.

3 items:
3 cases of beer
Organic blue corn tortilla chips
Pace salsa

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
What I picked up:
12 Pack of Sierra Nevada seasonal
12 Pack of Sam Adam's Winter Lager
Bag of Kettle cooked Jalapeno Chips
Digiorno Garlic Bread Sausage, Pepperoni, Bacon Pizza

I'm going to go run on the treadmill to prepare myself for tomorrow's couch and calorie extravaganza.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
We've got eleven inches currently, its still coming down.

Good choices, my suggestions were going to be; your favorite beer, frozen pizzas, either doritos or munchies whatever salty snack you enjoy.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
We've got eleven inches currently, its still coming down.

Good choices, my suggestions were going to be; your favorite beer, frozen pizzas, either doritos or munchies whatever salty snack you enjoy.
I've never had the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale so that's why I got the Sam Adams as a back up in the instance the Sierra isn't to my liking.