Quantcast

12 miles never felt so good

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Just wanted to share with people who can understand...

Yesterday was my first road ride since my ACL surgery -- been on the trainer (BORING!) and rode my mtb on a few pavement and packed dirt rides with my girl*.

I felt like Superman yesterday. Knee is fine and today I think I'll try for 30.

On a side note, since my mtb shoes aren't that comfortable and I can't loosen my SPD-SLs enough, I wore a sneaker on my right foot. Gave me a new appreciation for clipless... especially trying to get going from a stop and trying to do full rotation to get up to speed before clipping my other foot in.

:D

* my girl is loving the easy rides and I bet if I work on her slowly, I can get her to be a roadie someday :thumb:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hmmm, I don't think you should double the distance. After my surgery they told me to add no more than 5 minutes each ride. It might feel ok to you, but take it easy.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
oh, uhh, yeah. You're probably right, but I felt only the slightest discomfort yesterday and my knee currently feels normal... so I thought maybe I wasn't any where close to what I'm reasonably capable of?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Keep it going and avoid the text-messenging teenage drivers!

Put your mileage our group on mycyclinglog.com. We need all the miles we can get...