Quantcast

12" of rain?

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
in socal? in this weekend???!?!?!?!?!

damn. looks like "flood and landslide" season has began.

oh- the other seasons in socal:
riot/ car chase
earthquake
widfire
oh, and you cant forget "celebrity rape/murder" season.

isnt this place great? oh, and rain on the ground = floor it on the freeway. damn people, figure it out!

have a nice weekend, socalers :D:D:D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I remember the year I lived in Encinitas and the streets by the lagoon would flood. That friggin sucked.

Yes, rain in the low lands = snow!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I remember driving back to the bay area from Northstar last year with Brian, half the roads in Sacramento were flooded from a storm. That rocked. I never seen flooding like that firsthand before.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
My favorite was on the news the other day. They intervied a woman about the driving conditions - she talked about how no one knew how to drive when it rained, including herself!

The entire interview was done while she was sitting in her car during the rain...

I'm glad my commute is only 6 miles... :thumb:

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
Slugman said:
My favorite was on the news the other day. They intervied a woman about the driving conditions - she talked about how no one knew how to drive when it rained, including herself!

The entire interview was done while she was sitting in her car during the rain...

I'm glad my commute is only 6 miles... :thumb:
its not surprising. its like what I hear about oregonites not knowing how to drive in the snow.

my commute went from "driving for work" back to "driving to work"...about 30 40 miles one way. ugh. aqt least its a short time thing.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
slowSSer said:
its not surprising. its like what I hear about oregonites not knowing how to drive in the snow.

my commute went from "driving for work" back to "driving to work"...about 30 40 miles one way. ugh. aqt least its a short time thing.
Bastard. Right no I'm at about 30 miles, from San Clemente to Tustin. It is 45 minutes of hell, times two.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
reflux said:
Bastard. Right no I'm at about 30 miles, from San Clemente to Tustin. It is 45 minutes of hell, times two.
im as bad- aliso viejo to cerritos- the only good thing is that the hours are 10 am to 6 pm, so im after the major traffic.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I am not looking forward to the commute home. About 20 miles through glendale to Pasadena. I hydroplaned on the way in and the puddles on the freeway are deeper now I bet. Guess I'll just float home. I think I need to go skiing next week. Either that or finally learn to snowboard.

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
10 " of rain in Socal? Good time to stay AWAY from the mountains and washes. You know those dry washes and dams along 210 through LA county? Or those dry washes along the roads up to Arrowhead and Big Bear? Ever look at those house sized boulders and wonder how they got there?

Check out the book, Control of Nature by John McPhee. He wrote a really good section on rock and mudslides in the San Gabriel and Santa Monica mountains. Even if you think geology is boring, McPhee is a really good writer.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
ET_SoCal said:
sigh, much better area up there, but you should be use to rain by now... BTW: I'd love to say; "I'm from bend 'over-gon" :blah:
Contrary to popular belief, here in Bend we DO NOT get a lot of rain. The yearly average is 13".

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Heidi said:
Contrary to popular belief, here in Bend we DO NOT get a lot of rain. The yearly average is 13".
Well, now I am not going to move there. I like the rain.
Say, can you ride the trails there in the rain. Here in So Cal we have to stay off the trails because the clay turns into sticky mud, but I hear that in some parts of the world you can actually ride in the rain. Any truth to that?

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Ciaran said:
Well, now I am not going to move there. I like the rain.
Say, can you ride the trails there in the rain. Here in So Cal we have to stay off the trails because the clay turns into sticky mud, but I hear that in some parts of the world you can actually ride in the rain. Any truth to that?

You can up here (Ashland)

We are supposed to get over 2ft of snow tonight :drool: