Quantcast

12 Year old McDonalds burger

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Interesting experiment how long will a burger stay fresh before it starts to decay. Well 12 years and this McDonalds hamburger is till going strong :eek:

http://bestofmotherearth.com/2008/09/24/1996-mcdonalds-hamburger.html

This is a hamburger from McDonalds that I purchased in 1996.

That was 12 years ago.

Note that it looks exactly like it did the very day I bought it.

The flecks on the burger are crumbs from the bun.

The burger is starting to crumble a bit.

It has the oddest smell.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I bet it's still delicious, too.

<edit> Did he keep it under a heat lamp this whole time, or in his sock drawer? If it was kept at the proper temp I bet it could go another decade.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Ummm hormone infested, medicated meat.

Bowl cancer will love you for it:)

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
He must keep that thing vacuum sealed. I forgot a mcD hamburger on purpose inside my exgf's garage once when I went to pick up the rest of my stuff. That thing was rancid within a week.

In hindsight, maybe I got lucky and got a burger with real meat in it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
He must keep that thing vacuum sealed. I forgot a mcD hamburger on purpose inside my exgf's garage once when I went to pick up the rest of my stuff. That thing was rancid within a week.

In hindsight, maybe I got lucky and got a burger with real meat in it.
I think you had condiments, that burger looks naked.

I want to see Man Vs. Food dude eat 40, decade old McD's. :rofl:

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
hmm...

Who to believe.

"McDonald's hamburger patties in the United States are made with 100% USDA-inspected ground beef," Riley wrote. "Our hamburgers are cooked and prepared with salt, pepper and nothing else -- no preservatives, no fillers. Our hamburger buns are baked locally, are made from North American-grown wheat flour and include common government-approved ingredients designed to assure food quality and safety. ... According to Dr. Michael Doyle, Director, Center for Food Safety at the University of Georgia, 'From a scientific perspective, I can safely say that the way McDonald's hamburgers are freshly processed, no hamburger would look like this after one year unless it was tampered with or held frozen.'"