Quantcast

128 mm Ti-bottom bracket

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
only bb's in that size are the heavy-er duty, 4 bearing types. FSA, Truvativ, RaceFace?
I've thought of lightening up my V10 that way but found nothing in the distributer catalogs.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
The new Yeti 303 takes that setup and the team is running outboard bearing setups like the new Race Face, Saint, XT. However Profiles with a Ti spindle will also work.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
I was just tinking ISIS stuff, forgot about external bb setups and profiles. I wonder how hard it would be to space an external out that far when you include the chainguide? Maybe not hard at all. Ramble Ramble

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
d.e.f. said:
I was just tinking ISIS stuff, forgot about external bb setups and profiles. I wonder how hard it would be to space an external out that far when you include the chainguide? Maybe not hard at all. Ramble Ramble
dude, Profro just answered this

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
all is well hommie, i know this. I was just responding to his post and thinking out loud. I'm sure dougie has no problem, I have no problem and pretty sure the original poster has no problem. Order has been restored and we can go on being like fonzie.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
d.e.f. said:
all is well hommie, i know this. I was just responding to his post and thinking out loud. I'm sure dougie has no problem, I have no problem and pretty sure the original poster has no problem. Order has been restored and we can go on being like fonzie.
d.e.f. you should have ridden out at Bigfoot yesterday. Ben and I added some new lines that are sick! :heart:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Profo...who makes an outboard bearing BB that wide? (128). Last I checked Race Face and Shimano didn't go that wide! The crank spindle would also have to be longer.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
profro said:
d.e.f. you should have ridden out at Bigfoot yesterday. Ben and I added some new lines that are sick! :heart:
Dorky hard 2h+ xc ride then work. I need to get over there and get rid of my mtnx demons, but I'm liking making myself hurt climbing recently. I need more time off.

Acadian's question was the same one I was thinking of, just stated better.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I don't know for sure, but I did see a Race Face Diab. on a Yeti 303. So I would ASSUME it is that wide enough (128 spindle). However I figured the Shimano's would that wide as well (outboard style), so I shouldn't say for sure about them. But the Race Face should be since it's on the 303. BTW the 303 requires a 83 mm shell.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Acadian said:
Profo...who makes an outboard bearing BB that wide? (128). Last I checked Race Face and Shimano didn't go that wide! The crank spindle would also have to be longer.
Saint M805 is 150mm rear compatible and Race Face is also doing a Diabolus with a longer spindle for 150mm rear.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Dogboy said:
Saint M805 is 150mm rear compatible and Race Face is also doing a Diabolus with a longer spindle for 150mm rear.
oh so you have to specifically order that model (for 150mm rear)? Probably why the ones I measured at my bike shop were too short?

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Acadian said:
oh so you have to specifically order that model (for 150mm rear)? Probably why the ones I measured at my bike shop were too short?
Yes. I know Shimano has shipped some 805 cranks, but not sure on the Race Face-information is sketchy and I haven't seen any at the distributors. They both give a 55-57mm chainline-equivalent to a 128mm ISIS bb.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Several distributors don't stock the 83/128 from any company because still so few companies used them at their bikes. I had to go directly to Truvative to get mine. FSA will not have any in stock for the next two months. The only company I was told that stock them is Race Face but I did not call them to find out if they were in stock.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
I had to get my 83mm straight from Chumba for my f4, but it's 122 on the spindle. 128 woulda been nicer, it's a tight fit with the e.13 guide.