Quantcast

13 Pictures from today's ride...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
So today Kizzi and I headed south to Chickasaw Trace (state park I think?) to put in some miles on the bikes. I would say that this is probably her first "real" ride, as in, not just the couple of mile loops we've done around nashville. The weather was AMAZING and spring is definitely in the air.

Near the beginning of the ride, Kiz fell and hurt her knee, which made the rest of it difficult, but I was proud of her for hammering through it and finishing.
Also near the beginning, Sanchez hucked the 10-15 foot cliff into a creek for no apparent reason. I wish this pic did it some justice, but needless to say, I was scared for the little guy, and it took us a little bit to figure out a way to get him back up the cliff and resume the ride...

This trail followed along a couple of creeks, and the Duck river. Trees grow wierd down in the river bottoms here.

These vines were huge and all over the place..

...another wierd thing you wouldnt expect to see in TN is a bamboo forest, but well...

Much of the trail looked alot like what's in the following pic. Just smooth singletrack through deciduous forest. Sometimes I dont like living in TN, but on days like today, I definitely do.

...and as I said, spring is definitely in the air, as evidenced by the daffodils in this pic

Sanchez was flipping out the whole day. I'll never understand the source of all his energy. Im thinking of starting to eat dogfood before rides.

You can tell a trail is made by former roadies when you see signs like this above some pretty easy hills...

... the trail was fun though, and we got worn out... had to stop for some redbulls, also notice Kizzi had a flat when she said "Is my tire supposed to be making that noise?"

but we quickly got back at it after the fix... the duck river is really nice.

...and sanchez is still a good dog...

In a few areas, the trails opened up, just over this hill was a good size landfill :blah:

but most of the time, the trail was great, as I said.

.. the ride was great, kizzi finished strong, and Im going to get some food.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
the Inbred said:
hot babe.
Awe come on, we all THOUGHT it!....:D

How about:

"That sure is an attractive lady you rode with."

I mean, the girl is real attractive. I feel that way about my wonderful wife when we ride...:love:

No, she's not standing behind me! :p

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
splat said:
Since we are talking about Burleyshirley , here , I can't believe no body has aksed this:

when she was like this , did you hit it ?
OMG...I swear I thought that I just wanted to have a little taste.....but Splat just took it to where we were all thinking!!! LOL!!! :D

Damn it Burleyshirley, you better say yes! :p

:D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Awesome pics! I'm impressed that she took a fall, rode it out and even was able to hang from a tree with a hurt knee.
\

the Inbred said:
oh, i'm sorry. is today Serious, On-Topic Day?
Winner! :rofl:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Looks like a good time, Hey did the PoPo ever catch who tagged your ride??? Hope nothing like like ever happens where you rode in these pics, looks like a nice place. would hate for it to go down that road

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
splat said:
Since we are talking about Burleyshirley , here , I can't believe no body has aksed this:

when she was like this , did you hit it ?
Why do you think she was up there?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
DirtyMike said:
Looks like a good time, Hey did the PoPo ever catch who tagged your ride??? Hope nothing like like ever happens where you rode in these pics, looks like a nice place. would hate for it to go down that road
Well, that wasnt my car, but no, the cops never did catch whoever it was. And it wasnt this place either. Havent heard any such stories about Chickasaw, but on a sour not, I came around a corner today and some fisherman was peeing next to a tree and I saw 1 more penis than I was hoping to see today.:mad:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
this one is my favorite :p

looks like a fun place to rip, glad to see ya'll are getting some pedaling done.