Quantcast

135x12 centerlock hubs?

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
thats going to be a hard one, because i guess anyone producing a rear centerlock DH hub, will also make it saint-compatible.

your closest match is the DT 440 i think.

Thundrbucket

Chimp
Jul 6, 2004
Trondheim, Norway
But making it Saint-compatible does not limit the axle diameter to 10mm, Shimano makes a 150x12mm hub that also is Saint compatible. Saint RD compatible or not, I'm mostly after the centerlock standard. Maybe using a 10mm<12mm spacer between the axle and frame will do the trick?

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
well go ride lists the 440 in a 135x12mm and then says underneath that all DT hubs are also available in centerlock...

i didnt see this option on the site, but maybe it just hasnt been updated....

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
The OS Centerlock version of the 440 hubs (135mm, 150mm) both use a 10mm axle. I "think" you can replace the axle end caps on the hub to make it 12mm compatible.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
You could just find some Hope rotor bolts, it is a much cheaper option. They are a true cap head screw and they take a hex wrench. If you apply some anti-sieze to the threads, they will come out easily.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Thundrbucket said:
But making it Saint-compatible does not limit the axle diameter to 10mm, Shimano makes a 150x12mm hub that also is Saint compatible. Saint RD compatible or not, I'm mostly after the centerlock standard. Maybe using a 10mm<12mm spacer between the axle and frame will do the trick?
ha i hadnt noticed you were from "gamlelandet". youre of course right, saint compatibility doesnt mean it cant be 12mm t/a, its just that i have looked to fit one onto 8to5's but to no avail.

the reducer trick should work, easily if your dropouts arent threaded, might be a bit more hassle if they are. what frame is it for?

Thundrbucket

Chimp
Jul 6, 2004
Trondheim, Norway
It's for a Nicolai UFO ST avec Maxle axle in the rear. I recently went through knee surgery, so I have plenty of time buidling the bike throughout the winter. Thought I'd use some time to seek out a bitchin part spec... Looks like I'm either going for that reducer thing or regular rotors with hope bolts.

Gamlelandet for alltid! Bare synd at sykkeldeler er så svinaktig dyre her...

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
mavic offers a saint conversion for there deemax wheels. worth a shot, and i also know that the old hugi fr edition came with centerlock design so deffinatly give them a shot.