Quantcast

140mm ---> 120mm (Prophet to Fuel EX)

GTIgor

Chimp
Mar 26, 2009
Moscow, Russia
Hi!

I ride a 07 Cannondale Prophet which 140mm travel. Its my only bike now, i use to to ride local trails and take to real mountains (it happens not so often i`d like to). It`s an awesome bike especially considering the dual purpose use - smooth trails vs real AM terrain.

But as soon as i ride 85% of time on local trails - smooth, pretty tight, some roots, no rocks, only shortish steep descendes, lots of up and downs... I feel that 140mm is too much for those trails - simply too much bike. I also think i can sacrifice some toughtness of the frame - no big gaps or drops - all jumps are very smooth.

I really like the new Trek Fuel EX - is it a good choice after a prophet? May be there are some other good bikes in this category? I`d like to fit Reba Maxle on it and i need a 68-69 head angle.

PS I also plan to add a DH/FR or AM/FR bike - so i`ll have a big bike for serious mountain trails...

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Id scope out the new Rize 120. The regular Rize is a lot better than the Prophet for general XC duties, and the 120 version narrows in even more.