Quantcast

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Something told me that it probably wasn't an Ironman distance number... Perhaps ultimately just as painful the next day, though.

So, do you go into training before you tackle the 142.6 prof whiskey?

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Why not throw out the pretense that alcohol of that strength is tasty and just hit the rubbing alcohol?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Why not throw out the pretense that alcohol of that strength is tasty and just hit the rubbing alcohol?
That's the thing, it's pretty much widely known/accepted that anything with that high an alcohol content taste like crap. IE: Bacardi 151, grain alcohol, etc.

Give me a nice, smooth bourbon with 35-45% ABV and some actual oak flavor and I'm happy. And I'm pretty sure I can manage to get drunk off it, too.:p

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
mmmmmmmmmmmmooonshine
Speaking of, I need to go see my Grandpa as it is...... SHould have a few bottles ready

Well to start with, alcohol's such as this are normally used for mixing.

Scary enough... This particular still is quite tasty, had it before, doesnt burn like you expect it to, and it is actually pretty smooth. Whiskey's like this if done right will be aged and filtered alot more than the normal, giving it smoother, better flavor.

I will take a glass of this on the rocks over a glass of crown on the rocks

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That's the thing, it's pretty much widely known/accepted that anything with that high an alcohol content taste like crap. IE: Bacardi 151, grain alcohol, etc.

Give me a nice, smooth bourbon with 35-45% ABV and some actual oak flavor and I'm happy. And I'm pretty sure I can manage to get drunk off it, too.:p
review of 2010 batch

I knew I was in for something special when I bought this bottle, but I wasn’t quite sure what was going to be special about it. Was it the incredibly complex nose? Or perhaps roaring flavor that lasts on your tongue? Simply, it is a combination of these two things mixed with the fact that they were able to produce such an incredibly delicious bourbon at such a high proof. I find it hard to compare this to any other bourbon because the experience of drinking it by itself is truly unique, and it shines a light on the many possibilities available in bourbon production. This comes out once a year as a special release, and I am going to make certain that I get at least one bottle next year. This is truly an outstanding spirit.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Let's try quoting the whole thing next time :thumb:

Conclusion:
Richard:
Where do I start with this one? I guess the first thing that most people notice is that this bourbon packs an enormous kick; at 143% proof, it is the strongest whiskey I’ve ever heard of, but even so, it remains remarkably smooth (considering its proof). I knew I was in for something special when I bought this bottle, but I wasn’t quite sure what was going to be special about it. Was it the incredibly complex nose? Or perhaps roaring flavor that lasts on your tongue? Simply, it is a combination of these two things mixed with the fact that they were able to produce such an incredibly delicious bourbon at such a high proof. I find it hard to compare this to any other bourbon because the experience of drinking it by itself is truly unique, and it shines a light on the many possibilities available in bourbon production. This comes out once a year as a special release, and I am going to make certain that I get at least one bottle next year. This is truly an outstanding spirit.

I just can't see a bourbon with almost twice the alcohol content being as smooth and drinkable as other good bourbons out there. Not to say it can't be somewhat smooth and have good taste...I just can't see (personally) enjoying it as much.

Last edited:

that - I got a bottle of full strength Laphroaig, and it really needs some water to make it tasty

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
missed out on pappy van winkle 15yr on ebay last night...