Quantcast

15 minutes!!!!

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
My normal commute is 10 miles and takes 55 to 65 minutes depending on traffic. There are about 3 climbs, 10 stop lights, and a few stop signs. There's also the occasional passed out drunk near the bus stop.

Well I left my place at 5:45 and got to work at 6:25!!! Knocked 15 minutes off my fastest time. All the lights were green, hardly any traffic, and no drunk bums to huck over. I hope the rest of the day goes just as smoothly.

One more thing....WORKING ON SATURDAY SUCKS!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
My normal commute is 10 miles and takes 55 to 65 minutes depending on traffic. There are about 3 climbs, 10 stop lights, and a few stop signs. There's also the occasional passed out drunk near the bus stop.

Well I left my place at 5:45 and got to work at 6:25!!! Knocked 15 minutes off my fastest time. All the lights were green, hardly any traffic, and no drunk bums to huck over. I hope the rest of the day goes just as smoothly.

One more thing....WORKING ON SATURDAY SUCKS!

My fastest commute in the morning is 17 minutes total... but that is at 4am. I try to always beat it in the afternoon but cant even come close.. 20 minutes +

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
My commute usually runs less than 30 seconds. Sometimes it can be more if I am feeling groggy...

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Mine is usually a very lazy 15 minutes (3mi), but it varies from 10min to 30min, depending on how lazy I feel and whatnot. If I get sidetracked I can easily extend it over an hour. =/

My fastest time was 2min 16sec. I was about five minutes from being late when I woke up, got dressed as fast as I could, mounted up and rode like the wind. I completely ignored stoplights, general safety measures, etc. I got there with about a minute to spare. Pretty freakin' intense of a ride, too. I was panting and sweating like a mofo at the end.

You must have been late to math class because there is no way you rode 3 miles in 2min 16 sec.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Yea. I'm slow like molasses. And it's 10 miles through a sketchy part of town with narrow roads and busses. Gotta watch my back all the time. Remember I have to carry a 2foot rubber hose in my pack... just in case.
Commutes is not exactly a time trial.

Stoplights, traffic, and other "obstacles" can really slow you down.

I think about my teenage commute from my home in the Northeast Bronx to my bike shop in lower Manhattan. 15 miles, and I used to complain about getting it done in just over an hour.

Now I think about the enormity of riding thru the Bronx and Manhattan, which is the worse commute in the world by almost every standard except total elevation. I am lucky to have survived, considering I rode it for 3 summers.