Quantcast

15th Anniversary in Vegas....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
What we missed-- Kevin James and Ray Romano (they were the weekend after we stayed), Interbike (didn't know it was going on the same time we'd be there), fancy shmancy meal on our day (just couldn't decide where to go), vow renewal at the drive-thru chapel (timing was way off with their business), personal tour of the Palazzo Suites and the #3 bathrooms in Vegas while at the Rio (didn't make appointment with VP guy), Wicked (seats way too high and pricey for the show), deep-fried twinkies and oreos at Mermaids (too busy with light show and playing nickel slots).

What we did-- shopping (oh, did my wife have fun), drinking (duh, it's Vegas), eating (again, duh), Freemont Street light show (wife loves Queen and the Doors and got it recorded), Bellagio water show (again, got it recorded and wife loves the show), walk through Bellagio to get to water show (never been inside, and that place is gorgeous), night-time helicopter tour of the Strip (got a livingsocial.com discount, recorded it, and was our first time in a chopper), Blue Man Group (since Wicked was out, and we've been wanting to see Blue Man, we did, was very well worth it, and even got a pic with one of the men after the show. Wife even got me a 99cent 3-pack of pens from them!!).

Of course, I'm leaving some details out, and the ones I can share (pics and videos) I'm trying to post to photobucket with not much success. I will and leave the links when done.......

Last edited:

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
isn't vegas the place , where you go to WITHOUT the wife?

Usually, yes, however, it WAS our 15th anni.......

Glad you had fun and that sounds like a great trip, but, don't you live in Reno?

Why, yes, yes I do live in Reno, and sometimes you just have to get out of Dodge. Besides, with getting air fare of $10/rt total for both of us........

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
sounds like you and your wife had a nice anniversary shawn :thumb:. cool you finally got to see the blue man group that's something i've been meaning to do as well .

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
sounds like you and your wife had a nice anniversary shawn :thumb:. cool you finally got to see the blue man group that's something i've been meaning to do as well .

Thanks, DHM, and all, even if your replies are a bit, shall we say, jaded (haha)? If you ever do get the chance to see Blue Man, you have to. The child-like mannerisms they show, the color, the visuals, the beat, it's all worth it. We did that "tix4less" thingie, which saved us about 30-ish% on the tickets, and went straight to the Venetian to get our tickets, which ended up being front row of the second level. Gave an excellent view of the whole stage and show.

BTW, my downloading of video/pics sucks, so it's taking me longer than expected. Just don't expect witty comments or top-notch quality when I do get them on. It's all in the fun of being there with the love of my life and the mommy of Alaina......