Quantcast

$180.00 DH bike w/carbon fiber rims / craigslist find

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
I like the fact that he was able to go right to the factory for the upgraded wheels and tires.

When I first read this I thought it was from some 12 year old kid , all excited caue he thought he was showing off something special. Then I noticed he was in the process of a Divorce. But then again this is in Kentucky.................

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
I can't even express in words how sad this post is. Im pretty sure he felt really pround when he went to Toy's R us to buy that bike though.

Truly a custom DH rig.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
For more entertainment, read the reviews...
"Lastly, did I ever mention how clean the bikes looks? It's the Cadillac of the MTB world. Though, bare in mind this bike isn't for jumping off of 20 ft cliffs, and treading across deep revines or anything.
You'd need carbon fiber for that, not lightweight alluminium."

Quick! we need to ask bender if thats true! :biggrin:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
I like this review:

First ride, chain comes off. Second ride, chain comes off and it skips gears, Third ride, smallest gear (7,14,21) breaks right off the hub.
I call Pacific Cycle, Cherri says, "No problem if you purchased it less than a year ago it's still under warranty. Just fax us a copy of the receipt and a brief explanation and we'll send you a new wheel." I said a whole new wheel? Great!
I fax the receipt and make a follow up call. Now, Cherri at Pacific Cycle says, "Oh no, we're just going to send you the defective (FR DNP LY-10007CF) part. You must replace it yourself." They wouldn't honor what they originally said.
I get the part in the mail. No installation instructions...I tried but couldn't get the broken gear mechanism off. Thus, I'll now have to contact a bike repair company and PAY them to do the installation for me.
Save yourself a lot of time and money. Buy a better bike from a better manufacturer. I'll never buy a bike made by Pacific Cycle (who owns Mongoose or Schwinn) again.
I give this product a rating of zero.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I don't know, I feel like we're the ones that should be embarrassed. Dude paid a tenth of any high-end rig and may have loved his bike even more than we do ours.