Quantcast

$1838.95

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
This is what it cost me to go and find out that my foot / ankle was not broken. Big toe was, but that was from a previous injury a few months ago. No stitches!!! Just bandage me back up give me 2 weak ass pain killers, a stupid ankle brace that I will hopefully turn into protection for the back of my legs since I cant seem to stop taking pedals to the back of the legs. 1838.95:banghead:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
When you go to the emergency room for anything like that you might as well just fill your ass up with slick honey and walk backwards in.:rant:
System is broke.

Last edited:

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
Went to the er 4 weeks ago for a pretty good crash. Ususally would not go, but I became nausious and dizzy. Was in the er for 1.5 hrs got an IV, 2 hits of morphine and an xray. I got the summary of benefits from my insurance company,thank you real job, and the total came to 1045.00. My part was 50.00 which is cool, but I did not even get to see a doctor. I was told my ribs were broken and here's a script for oxycodine.

TOEHEAD

Chimp
Sep 18, 2008
SC
Insurance thankfully paid out on my wreck in May when I opened my knee up---ended up w/ 2 surgeries and a lot of PT. Total cost close to 10k.

Something is way wrong.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Just got the call from Tricare about my 22 stitches.
$4150...

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
health insurance. it exists for a reason.
Thanks for that information buddy.

I just started my own business, I am looking into health insurance and as long as my kids are covered right now then I can wait. The more research I do the more I think insurance is a crock of sh!t anyway. High deductables, limited network coverage. Its a scam I tell ya.

Oct 9, 2006
I think the total for my foot turned out to be around 23,000 at last count and I am still getting bils in the mail from time to time from different medical factions wanting their money. Any ideas where I could get some money?

RastaRider

Chimp
Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I think the total for my foot turned out to be around 23,000 at last count and I am still getting bils in the mail from time to time from different medical factions wanting their money. Any ideas where I could get some money?
You could just disappear into the Oregon Wilderness and avoid bills alltogether. Maybe skip country.

When you comin' back east?

KFC

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
DAMN.......for $ 1,661.05 more I would sell you my 08 Demo 8 / CCDB / Fox 40 (white)! :lighten:

Seriously.....that sucks John....hope you get back to riding soon.
I would of much rather spent the money on your bike, If you do think about parting it out I want your 40. I hope to get a ride in next Saturday, some Wilsons I hope, may be my last ride in the area for a couple months, you boys should come out.

Dont feel too bad JB. I have around $75,000 invested in my feet after my MX crash in 99. :nopity:
Damnnnnn!!!! Your feet are worth more than anything I own!

Yep.

We need a whole different system. The current one is crap. :plthumbsdown:
I think thats the first thing we have agreed on since I have been on RM.

What really gets me is that they didnt do anything, took some x-rays, tell me they cant do anything an bandage me back up.

Mike Fitz

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Charlotte Nc
I would of much rather spent the money on your bike, If you do think about parting it out I want your 40. I hope to get a ride in next Saturday, some Wilsons I hope, may be my last ride in the area for a couple months, you boys should come out.
WOW for a few months? I hope I can make it out then:shakefist:

clockworked

Chimp
Aug 31, 2007
AUS
Between my football 'career' (read:comedy of errors) and my bike habit I've had my head stitched up twice, 2 concussions treated, a foot and a hand reset and cast in plaster, 2 fillings in my teeth and a pair of caps, my nose stitched back to my face, and 1 lousy stitch in my pinky finger after i cut through to the bone while working at burger king

total cost - $0
healthcare is free in australia.