Quantcast

185 Boxxer adaptor?

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
I'm planning on running a 185mm rotor on my Boxxer, Anyone have quick tips on what adaptor and spacers might be needed with Juicy's? I'm thinking a 6" adaptor might work out, but I have yet to try it. I'm hoping to deal with it tomorrow or friday and figure it out.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
I wasn't able to figure that one out and just got the 203mm one with a new rotor. Another adapter might work, however I would be worried that I either wasn't getting the pads centered or that they would not oriented perpendicular to the rotation of the rotor. That might forcing the pads in or out of the caliper in a strange way, so I went with the sure method.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
I wasn't able to figure that one out and just got the 203mm one with a new rotor. Another adapter might work, however I would be worried that I either wasn't getting the pads centered or that they would not oriented perpendicular to the rotation of the rotor. That might forcing the pads in or out of the caliper in a strange way, so I went with the sure method.
I have a feeling it wouldn't matter at all really. I thought about just taking the boxxer adaptor and filing it down by 10 mills, but then there wouldn't be enough threads left for the top bolt... We'll see this afternoon. I'm pretty sure it's 100% doable, it's just figuring out which one. Maybe I'll give SRAM a ring talk to them, hopefully will save me some time. I'm looking forward to running a 185 front 160 rear. It should be good!