Quantcast

19 Years!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That's a lot of monkey poo flinging.

Scary how much time is behind us, especially with as well as 2020 is going.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wow. It's crazy when you think about how long some of us have "known" each other without ever actually meeting each other. But at the same time, how many good real-life friendships have come from people we've met on RM.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Funny how there are still a few of us still around from year 1. Proof that we have no real lives I guess.
I was a late bloomer by comparison. First account was 2004 I think?

Met a decent amount of you guys in real life. Crazy how I was still in high school when I joined; its been almost half of my life at this point.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I've known Tim for a while. He was then the loghopper sleeping in a civil war tent.

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
What was the name of one Colorado Monkey, living in Boulder that was once at Monkeyfest? He was riding his bike behind the shuttle truck on a night ride. I crashed his place once on my way back from out west. We rode Bergen Peak if I recall correctly.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Definitely remember folks fleeing from mtbr landing here. It took me a few rounds of spamming to create an account. Also recall this site having several rounds of drama/bs and changes of ownership/leadership. Hcor was fun for a while too.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC

That suggests June 28, 2001.
Yep, fortunately all of the forum software upgrades over the years have maintained account creation dates.

Also, I give you, the very first posts on Ridemonkey (that still remain, anyway, posts 1-3 are gone forever):

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
What was the name of one Colorado Monkey, living in Boulder that was once at Monkeyfest? He was riding his bike behind the shuttle truck on a night ride. I crashed his place once on my way back from out west. We rode Bergen Peak if I recall correctly.
@johnbryanpeters ? rings a bell?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nov 10, 2001. Day after my 21st bday. I remember @Abe getting me and @SirChomps-a-Lot started on it. I spent a lot of time in the library computer lab on RM when I should have been working on other things.
I'm kinda glad (and sometimes sad) iab deleted the posts from the original logins. Last thing I need in life is a log of my drunken (and day after drunken) college adventures. I wonder whatever happened to Pressley...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm a n00b. I read the forums for a long while before ever registering and posting.

I do remember my good friends laptop having a huuuge Ridemonkey sticker on it. Don't know how he got it, he has an account here but I don't think he's ever posted and doesn't even read the site. :confused:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah what the hell happened in Rochester? I got to hang out and ride with most of those folks at one point or another. They all seemed to disappear at the same time. One of the women who I thought was married to Instigator mysteriously appears in California married to another monkey and Echo turned into a Triathlete. WTF?

But if only one sticks around I am glad it is Jim.

Last edited:
Yeah what the hell happened in Rochester? I got to hang out and ride with most of those folks at one point or another. They all seemed to disappear at the same time. One of the women who I thought was married to Instigator mysteriously appears in California married to another monkey and Echo turned into a Triathlete. WTF?

But if only one sticks around I am glad it is Jim.
Echo had a bad crash that caused a facial injury that sort of set him back from mountain biking.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I heard about the Southern forum from a DHr when I was living in Asheville who suggested it as good resource. Manimal said something along the lies of "...yeah but it's better than what's going on in the Lounge." So of course I had to check it out.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my join date is some time in sept 2001....

i remember discussing nick cave with narlus on empty beer....