Quantcast

1rst year In So Cal ,anyone from Southbay LA?

teraclusterx

Chimp
Aug 5, 2009
SouthBay Los Angeles
1rst year In So Cal ,anyone from Southbay LA?
It's my first year and I have built up a small convenient locations sheet for biking spots.
Ranging from unknown Parks & Revine passes in Palos Verdes and San Pedro all the way to Malibu ,San Dimas .
Anyone interested in Downhill and Street Freeride hit me up I go weekend and 2 weekdays.for an hour of jumps and street.So if your in SP LBC or Torrance, area hit me up!:thumb:

Roo

Chimp
Apr 28, 2008
Vanconver, WA
BTW the park in PV is called Del Cerro homie. If I still lived there I'd love to go riding, but sadly I moved. Too much traffic and crowded for me. If you are willing to go past San Dimas there's some good trails with jumps and stuff littered around in Loma Linda, its called Hilda Crook park and its right off the 10. Also in the Santa Monica mountains there are lots of good gnarly trails, only thing is you got to be willing to climb. Try looking up Latigo Canyon trail, that was one I liked while out in the Santa Monica mtns.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
be careful in Del Cerro. I used to live in Redondo so that was the closest spot for me to ride, but watch yourself around hikers and equestrians. Most of them are cool, but there are a few who have been known to aggressively confront cyclists completely unprovoked.

Also, get together a few people and head down to San Juan Trail. Its best to go with someone who knows it your first few times, but its a pretty epic ride.

teraclusterx

Chimp
Aug 5, 2009
SouthBay Los Angeles
Alight Thanks!! I do like De Cerro but it is a desert !!. What is awesome is just going to the nearby park (on the same Peninsula)and working on jumps and technique and having fun.
3 favorite places nearby are Peck Park and Point Fermin area . Lots of sweet views and cliff Drops and walls to table top off of. and lots of Asphalt and concrete to taste ..Only a 10 min drive if your in SP or PV