Quantcast

1st weekend day

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up late, into tomorrow (or now today). Hannah's got a cough and fever, so is up late not able to sleep. About half the kids in her class are sick, so her turn now. Family photos at 8am - bright and early. Hoping to get my garage cabinets in before date night tonight.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What's up there, Chuckles! It's a beautiful weekend but I need to take it easy and rest up a week before my marathon. My goal for that will be 3:10. Alrighty then!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Riding with two peeps today who I have not seen in some time now. If time allows, might swing by the dh park for a lap or two with the other group after.

Gonna ride this place (vid from few weeks ago), super slow tech with lots of rocks. But a few fun natural flowy technical spots:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Let's get a DSO she said.
It will be fun she said.

Barking at wildlife outside at zero dark forty.
Asking to go outside before fyvayem.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i finally got my car back! It's low on coolant which is always a good sign, although the coolant changed color so they did flush it. barf

any outback drivers out here? maybe I should just phone it in with a sensible choice. 3.6r?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Up early again. Backpacking trip will hopefully help reset my sleep schedule. Did get up once before sunrise and was the first one in camp to retrieve their food bag from the bear box. That was a first for sure.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
a little bit of tatooine in montana...

there were a cluster of about 5 of these aircrete domes....

20211002_074407.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The baby is upset that she's not at the 8 year old's horse demonstration show (only two people allowed, that being the wife and the 6 year old, as the latter's going to start horsie riding next year having taken the summer camp version and liked it). I apparently am no solace to the baby, so I work on other things.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
The baby is upset that she's not at the 8 year old's horse demonstration show (only two people allowed, that being the wife and the 6 year old, as the latter's going to start horsie riding next year having taken the summer camp version and liked it). I apparently am no solace to the baby, so I work on other things.
You do know how to make a small fortune in the horse world don't you? You start with a Large fortune...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You do know how to make a small fortune in the horse world don't you? You start with a Large fortune...
As a kids' activity at Urban Farm it's on par in cost with other things like music and gymnastics. The key is not having one's own horse and all of the associated expenses of which you well know.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
i finally got my car back! It's low on coolant which is always a good sign, although the coolant changed color so they did flush it. barf

any outback drivers out here? maybe I should just phone it in with a sensible choice. 3.6r?
Go for the2.4 turbo with 245HP. I have a 2017 2.5 that rocks 175HP, I find that is plenty of power for 2 people and gear. I average 28.6 MPG driving from Great Falls, MT to Richland, WA at 75 to 85. I can get 510 miles per tank if I do the speed limit.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
did i miss the memo on side by sides being allowed in national parks....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still short one garage cabinet, but otherwise installed. Come on HD, get this order finished!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Have driven and ridden in them. Felt heavy, sluggish, soft to me. A pretty big car fwiw. If you're coming from a Gulia (?), then it's going to feel worlds different.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Have driven and ridden in them. Felt heavy, sluggish, soft to me. A pretty big car fwiw. If you're coming from a Gulia (?), then it's going to feel worlds different.
Also having driven a ton of cars this year, I was impressed with the cx-5 (and this is coming from a non-fan of suvs)