Quantcast

1st weekend day

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Wow, I haven’t needed a chill long ride with almost 3k vert as badly as this in a long time. I have been in a negative head space lately for a variety of reasons. Cycle therapy is usually what works for me. Here’s to a greatly improved October!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Have driven and ridden in them. Felt heavy, sluggish, soft to me. A pretty big car fwiw. If you're coming from a Gulia (?), then it's going to feel worlds different.
Yeah, that’s expected. I think it’s okay if I grow up a little. I don’t need 300hp and high performance handling. It would be nice not to have a tank however. My wife has an ascent that is a fine car but miserable when it comes to body roll and pitch. Still, it’s great to get in and go from a to b rather than worrying about trying to enjoy the drive and then getting stressed about who’s in front of me or whatever. The rav4 I had was one of the most and least agitator cars to drive, if that makes sense

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Also having driven a ton of cars this year, I was impressed with the cx-5 (and this is coming from a non-fan of suvs)
Cx5 is high on my list. For reasons I can’t explain, I want a black headliner. To get that, I need to spring for the signature, and suddenly I’m in the same price range as a genesis g80, which is the car I really want. Car prices are stupid right now, you can’t get one for less than 20 and I’m likely to spend 30 on anything worth owning

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Cx5 is high on my list. For reasons I can’t explain, I want a black headliner. To get that, I need to spring for the signature, and suddenly I’m in the same price range as a genesis g80, which is the car I really want. Car prices are stupid right now, you can’t get one for less than 20 and I’m likely to spend 30 on anything worth owning
Y U no G70?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
is the signature the one with red seats? Drove that one this year. It was impressive and just solid.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rode some trails with some old homies, good times were had. More importantly buddy from Virginia landed a job in Sedona. More importantly I'll have a place to crash in Sedona.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Y U no G70?
tiny back seats. Apart from the miserable dealership experience and unpredictable reliability with the Alfa, the other major motivator is getting a bigger backseat for the kids, who keep getting bigger.
because he secretly wants the stinger
I do, but there's something wrong with stinger pricing that I can't figure out. The low end stinger is pretty stripped out, the premium offers a dump 4cyl and no LSD, then you jump to the 6cyl and the price skyrockets like 15k. So you pay a lot to get a kia.
is the signature the one with red seats? Drove that one this year. It was impressive and just solid.
I think so, the seats are like a very dark brownish. Those currently sit around $33k even with 30k miles on the clock...wild.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
the mazdas are nice cars, no doubt. this is the one I'm eyeballing:

I like that mazda is staying "true" to some of the things that I value in cars...regular transmissions, high quality driving dynamics, and physical buttons over touchscreen everything. A lot of that stuff makes sense- I can't understand why all electric cars require a tablet to be "modern"