Quantcast

2 new experiences for me

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Cooking and food photography.

Believe it or not, I have never grilled anything in my life but our neighbors backyard smells so good in the summertime I decided it was time to buy one and learn.
I couldn't decide between quesadillas or scallops for a trial run so I did both.

Prepped

Preparation complete, time to dive into it.

This is me completely out of my element. Please do not comment on grilling attire or the horribly botched haircut I got yesterday :)

Action!! Things went fairly smoothly except for the skewers bursting into flames.

Success!!

Not to toot my own horn, but they turned out fantastically delicious. I'm quite pleased with myself.

Grilled Shrimp Quesadillas with pico de gallo and creme agria.

Bacon wrapped Sea Scallops marinated in lemon juice and olive oil.

Dessert- Grilled Pineapple in cinnamon sugar and coconut milk.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
haha, you bastard... you're one of those guys who are good at everything you try, right?

:thumb:

ps - at least you weren't wearing crocs in the grilling photo.

edit - i see you've even got yr woman shooting in M mode...nice! using * to focus?

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Bah fire is fire.

Soak your skewers in water for 20 minutes and put strips of foil under the ends to prevent forest fires. :lighten:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
shrimp cooks WAY faster then bacon... I like my bacon well done, but to each their own.

cooking can be an addiction, welcome to the club.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
that looks delicious. you should pick up some metal skewers.

nice manpris... :rofl:
i actually own a pair for rock climbing so i shouldn't be talking

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
haha, you bastard... you're one of those guys who are good at everything you try, right?

edit - i see you've even got yr woman shooting in M mode...nice! using * to focus?
i agree, he probably os

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America

definitely not, anything mechanical and me do not get along.

still autofocus for us :)

Splat- I did actually consider it, mostly for the sweet photos it would yield, but in the end took the easy way out :)

Gnurider- somebody had to say it :poster_oops:

PNJ- scallops! not shrimp :)

Yeah I considered coals/charcoal but in the end too much hassle. This has a wood box that slides in so I can still get that burnt taste( or a version of it) if so desired. I don't know how it could have gotten much tastier though.