Quantcast

2000 Kona Stab Primo Problems

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
OK, here's my deal. I posted on the road section about my new bike-to-be and now am posting on here about my being-bike...or something like that. I have a Large Kona Stab Primo with Monster T's, 24's (yes, 24's), Fox Vanilla rear and in total, it weighs a whopping 49.5 lbs. Maybe some of you have seen me at northstar, sporting the Yoohoo jersey with board shorts. anyways, here's my prob; My friends (dexterq20) manager :nuts: is pushing me to get a different bike. I am 5'6", so I guess it is a little big for me, but I can still handle it quite well. The question I guess I have is; Do I sell it and get a newer/smaller Primo or do I keep the one i've got and love it like I already do? ok, that's all i've got for now. Maybe I should put 26's on it? or would that be too damn big?

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
dude if you can handle that large ass bike well as is, think how much faster and how much more control you'll have with a bike that fits you properly. I say dump it off on some giant person and get urself a smaller bike. It will be lighter and faster.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
yeah but Kona's run pretty small for that particular bike. I'm 5'9" and I used to ride a medium and it was barely big enough with a 65mm stem. I would just upgrade the parts to make the bike fit you better....why are you considering change in the first place??

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
I hadn't considered changing at all. I really love the bike and then I started hanging out in a bike shop more and more often and the manager has been recommending stuff for the bike to make me a better rider. I respect him and his opinion and think about them a lot, but, I just don't want to race...I want to ride. also, its like midnight and i'm setting up this surround sound system I just bought from Fry's...it sucks. ok, ride on!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I say keep what you got but it's hard to resist all the new stuff that's out there...unless there is a problem with the frame I would just upgrade your current ride if I were you...D